Go Portugal Kick English Ass!!!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Mongeh

Post by Mongeh »

ha, wrong, u arent allowed to touch the keeper, the keeper touching u tho is obviously not right, else how cud james taking out henry have been a penalty? lbatently is not a "supreme zone" for keep
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

I'm not going to get into any arguments or lengthy discussions about this.

This will be my only post on this issue.

Portugal played better for 90min.

But by full time, England should have won.

They did not for one simple reason.

The referee made a mistake.

I have seen that replay almost a dozen times.

And a valid goal was disallowed.

But like a certain Swede says, "That's football."

I think the England team should be proud of their perfomances and put this matter behind them. Lets hope Rooney isn't too badly injured. We missed him.

Let's look forward to the next tournament where hopefully Beckham won't be playing. 3 penalty misses in a row is INEXCUSABLE.

Full stop. Anyone who disagrees with anything I've said here is simply wrong.
speedy

Post by speedy »

Cenotaph wrote: thats the keeper area, the keeper has supremacy there, no contact on him is allowed, RTFM tbh.

im done with this, geez.

Austin^13, it was a pleasure ;)
STUPID

THE KEEPER RAN INTO OUR PLAYER AND FELL OVER. READ OTHER POSTS AGAIN.

WHAT THE FUCKING GAME AGAIN TO BE FUCKING HONEST.

GOD YOU ARE STUPID.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

/me sets mode -CAPSLOCK speedy
speedy

Post by speedy »

you take my caps, you take my pride.
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

GG DavidM
PHiLø

Post by PHiLø »

some major faults, they had 12 men , 11 players and the ref, 2. the fans persuaded the ref it wasnt a goal, the linesman even said it was, 3. omg the penalty spot? 4. letting david beckham take penalties 5 . not letting heskey play LOL (lies)

i think we could have won, but it was lucky for portugal, i hope they go out. ok thx
PHiLø

Post by PHiLø »

here, the assistant referee flaged a goal : heres the official rules

Duties

Two assistant referees are appointed whose duties, subject to the decision of the referee, are to indicate:
when the whole of the ball has passed out of the field of play
which side is entitled to a corner kick, goal kick or throw-in
when a player may be penalised for being in an offside position
when a substitution is requested
when misconduct or any other incident has occurred out of the view of the referee
when offences have been committed whenever the assistants are closer to the action than the referee (this includes, in particular circumstances, offences committed in the penalty area)
whether, at penalty kicks, the goalkeeper has moved forward before the ball has been kicked and if the ball has crossed the line

Assistance

The assistant referees also assist the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game. In particular, they may enter the field of play to help control the 9.15m distance.

In the event of undue interference or improper conduct, the referee will relieve an assistant referee of his duties and make a report to the appropriate authorities.

and obiously was ignored

Decisions of the referee

The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play are final. The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee, provided that he has not restarted play.

but if terry was motionless, would this happen?

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
trips or attempts to trip an opponent
jumps at an opponent he keeper commited this offence, penalty?
charges an opponent
strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
pushes an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following four offences:
tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball
holds an opponent
spits at an opponent
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from where the offence occurred.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

I love how 13/14 yrs old kids like to insult ppl, ty.

i find this one funny (have a laff):
Last edited by Cenotaph on 25-06-2004 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

I think Wales put up a good fight but in the end the Australians were just too strong. Bellamy should've scored from the smashing crossfield ball by giggs, but eh, what-ya-gonna do? GG Aussies tbh. Also, did you see the hat the ref was wearing, rofl.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 57,00.html

there's a pic there, was he impeded or not impeded of reaching the ball, ok ok, is not like Terry has his arm pressing the keeper's shoulder ^^

Won't talk more about this.

in portugal, spain and every other country in the world thats a fault, apparently in england it isnt, specially when the decision is against your team.

lol at the newspaper comments and then they post such a obvious pic...

Sry, but had to...
Last edited by Cenotaph on 25-06-2004 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Shev.npu
Banned

Post by Shev.npu »

... ¬_¬
speedy

Post by speedy »

Cenotaph wrote: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 57,00.html

there's a pic there, was he impeded or not impeded of reaching the ball, ok ok, is not like Terry has his arm pressing the keeper's shoulder ^^

Won't talk more about this.

in portugal, spain and every other country in the world thats a fault, apparently in england it isnt, specially when the decision is against your team.

lol at the newspaper comments and then they post such a obvious pic...

Sry, but had to...
er, your keeper ran into our players because he is a retard. why disallow?
Mongeh

Post by Mongeh »

lol if anything tht shows your keeper ran into terry, he jumped straight up from a position he had been in for ages, ceno, despite your obvious god making of the keeper, he cannot run into other players, otherwise u'd never have an incident of a keeper getting a yellow card, think of it in basketball rules, about charging fouls etc
Onge

Post by Onge »

The only foul at the end was by Campbell...He had his arms all over Terry when he got that header. I didn't realise you could give away a free-kick fouling your own player.

The referee was appalling, not just for the goal. When the Portugal defender (accidentially) stamped on Rooney (and broke a bone in his foot) he gave a free-kick to PORTUGAL!!! WTF!!! He booked England players but not the Portgual players for similar offences. I said to my mate before kick-off that the ref was rubbish. How right I was...

I'm more angry with the negative tactics and the way we played for a 1-0 win. We gave the ball away all the time and were camping in our own half. We asked for it. But to lose the way with did is hard to take. Why is it luck NEVER goes England's way? Can you ever think of a ref giving a bad decision in our favour? No, nor can I...