48%
Doublejump.
42%
I don't care.
10%

Total votes: 73

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

but when you wait in the right corner you know where to dodge, hardly any predicting...
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

I don't do that.

And only noobs shoot to the left of the goal if the keep is to the right of the goal...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

good, then a lower dodge radius wont bother you
it will just prevent that you dodge from one corner to the other
Focus

Post by Focus »

Yeah i misunderstood it too, its a good change.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

gotta request that from a coder, then i play with the value a bit, 66% of normal should do
Afflictor

Post by Afflictor »

DavidM wrote: hm
not a good thing
people should get used to one thing, otherwise you cannot get used to anything...when its different every time

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i said the exact thing when it came to the sprint discussion and it was crappy .... why dont we make quad/doublejump homedecide too? :lol:

tbh it makes me feel sad to see how the mod is going down, maybe its just my stupidness or gheyness or whatsoever but i dont like it the way its gonna be ,yea yea new stuff -> every1 complains about it until they get use to it, but i'm still complaining about the sprint homedecide thing exactly BECAUSE it's a MAJOR change in gameplay and imho u r doin the same mistake again with the keeper's quadjump thing. =/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"i'm still complaining about the sprint homedecide thing"

huh? make sense, there is nothing like this...
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »

if you decrease the dodge length....then you decreased the speed, in which case..is horrible. Its your fault that you can't score on a nubcake keeper. Plus your the one who said you wanted it to be a challenge to get a goal, so just shooting at keep shouldn't be the only source of scoring. Hearing that cyclonix is nothing but volley whores, you should know this and that shooting at the keep shouldn't be an insta-goal cause you always shoot at the open side of the net where the nubcake keep will always go.
so the moral is....
STOP F0CKING WITH THE SETTINGS DAMMIT! and realize that just cause you can't score...doesn't mean to change the settings :/
Rampart

Post by Rampart »

Man... I can't get it past nordy volleying when he's got double jump... I'm boned for life now.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

the idea of the reduced dodge would possibly work if you had never put volley into the game but with volley it isn't good cuz you can direct a shot on a keeper so fast that he needs to be able to go to complete other side.

i am afriad you are going to loss a lot of keepers this way, personaly being both 0 and a soccer player i think it probably would put a bit more skill into keeping(which is not to say there is none now, it is only to say that positioning would be more important for a keeper), i remember after 1.5 came out a couple well known players saying they would try goal since it was so easy now (though i am horrible at keep so i don't know). honestly the more i think about it the more i think it would make the game more realistic specially with the added ability to hit all balls over .53 secs but i think you would lose a lot of keepers and i am not sure that is worth it.
HerbalTea

Post by HerbalTea »

Do not change the dodge radius!

The only thing I would consider is triple jump for the keep.
This would still allow volleys, but prevent the volley whore "hog" syndrome. It would force the offence to setup a volley for another team member.

Nothing worse than playin in the pubs when nobody sets up a volley unless its for themselves!
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Hmm I can't score anymore. I know, let's decrease the dodging speed for keepers.
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

Who is to say the keeper is superhuman when other players aren't?! I think Keeper should have whatever the server sets.. to allow quadjump or to not.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

From David M --> English

"should we give keepers quad jump?" --> "Taurus wants quad jump cause now even n00bs score on him"

"maybe we should just reduce dodge speed" --> "I cant score for shit, i'v reduced volley speed like a jerk, and my team can pbox camp pretty damn good"

"sprinting adds depth to gameplay" --> "Now i can stand in the enemies corner and sprint at the net to get easy goals"

"we've reduced keeper hammer delay" --> "we reduced it a whole .08 seconds... that should fool those n00bs"

Now can we un-fuck the game and get over ourselves Daveyboy?
Psyche

Post by Psyche »

Fooman wrote: Hmm I can't score anymore. I know, let's decrease the dodging speed for keepers.

Well Duh Foo!, You haven't been able to score since 1.2 :devil: :devil: :devil:

:lol: