VO Sub community

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Orney

Post by Orney »

the fact is u just got used to VO all the time and now u all stuck in it. stop lieing to your self its better etc. it is NOT. u just accustomed to VO.
the end.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

So actually Orney you should just play pickups without moaning. That way you dont have to play VO. Playing VO or non VO is a players choice. They play what they want to play. Every one arguing VO vs non VO makes no sense. Its a players choice what they play. They dont even have to play db, it is their choice to.

If you dont like VO, dont play it

If you dont like regular, dont play it.

There really is no argument, the -only- argument I can see, is the fact that VO has now been taken away. I would suggest putting the VO option back in just to settle this argument, because in the end, its up to the player what they play - taking out VO does not solve this.

But this is just my opinion o/

edit: Consider me a neutral for both sides of the argument. I like reg, I like VO. I dont care which I play, but I do see each side's arguments. The argument is not between which is better, reg or VO, its between the players who want VO brought back as an option, and the coders.
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

If a server says clearly that it's running Vo then I don't see what's the problem with it.
keeping in VO is not as easy as you think(in 2.3 that is).
Orney

Post by Orney »

dude it is easy.
and ghost im not moaning i just want to tell the truth.
E-VecTz

Post by E-VecTz »

Orney wrote: i dont think so.
we should'd make the game easier coz noobs wont learn more about the game. And about to much scoring is wrong again. There are many good matches in pickup we have, where the game ends with example 6:10. its just in VO for keeper it is like a another game, and this sux...
i preffer regular because i can save hard shots and get a good feeling after. a VO save is just stupid and goals the same.
its rly better to play fair but hard with noobs so they learn from faults and by looking. and u guys talk about more teamplay? ok listen that.. so when its 2vkeeper and i know its VO... what shall i do? i just dodge and kick the open man away and there will no fucking volley shot.
1. because the passer have just one move and this is passing
2. the keeper just have to look at the open man and hear the sound.
if the passer shot the wall and make ego i just say gg "teamplay" i can do this allnight long and he will pass the wall and score ego. so there is no fucking pass/teamplay.
also for keeper... it is more interesting thinking between normal shot or pass. so i have to wait until he charge the hammer, and by looking on his view i can tell where he would shoot. its really not unfair its just more action for keeper and the defence what u need!
if people say they dont like defence then i can say they are just some fucking hanger who wait for keepers save and a save pass. gg nothing doing just hang around and trying to make nice goal and get acknowledgment by hearing "nice goal" "nice shot" bla. its not the hanger or ego is imported.. its the legendary "teamplay" who pass to keeper and got a defense. try to play against David's Team and his perfect defense u wont score with your supid wall or VO. u just have to take your chance when ever you can and shoot normal. a pass + volley goal is a nice goal then. in VO is Volley nothing new just boring shit like ever.
and belive me i speak from experience.

sry for bad english :D

I though u guys wanted to ban VO because n00bs had no chance...

now ur saying that n00bs have to learn before they play??

one word?:

weird....

------- edit -------

so the real reason left is that you dont want ppl playing a game u don't like?

so if i didn't want u to play at all i should just make u not play at all because i dont like any games?

nice :D
Last edited by E-VecTz on 22-09-2006 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Messy

Post by Messy »

'You guys'?

I didn't know Orney was on the dev team..
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

`Ghost` wrote: There's always going to be the argument between non VO and pro VO.

lol @ "pro vo"
its some who think they are good vs really bad players. its not like there is any challenge, clanwars or anything.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

evects...they are not me. i give this reason, and they give that reason. dont make it look like we are all the same :P
thank you.
The_One

Post by The_One »

DavidM wrote: lol @ "pro vo"
its some who think they are good vs really bad players. its not like there is any challenge, clanwars or anything.
I realise English isn't your first language but you're deliberately misinterpreting what he said right?
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Of course he is.

These guys think they're elite. Talk about Egoing. They can't even understand "just for fun". Maybe some day these guys will mature more and be able to relax and have fun without having to prove their manhood.

It's sad these guys don't even get that most of the "Pro-VO" comments come mainly from regular deathball players.

The difference between the "pro-VO" and "anti-VO" commenters. The "pro-VO" people respect others while the "anti-VO" people don't. Many of the "pro-VO" people are not so much "pro" VO as they are "anti" disrepecting others.

The "pro-VO" people never really attack regular deathball, they simply counter people who disrepect others.
Last edited by Twigstir on 23-09-2006 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ah THAT "pro" \o/
The_One

Post by The_One »

:p
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

:lol: indeed, my bad
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

I think after reading this I see the case for removal of VO... and someone hit it right on the head. VO is a fun mode, nothing to prove, nothing to get accomplished, just a jump right in and start doing your thing kinda mode. No need for fantastic keepers, great defenders, etc. Great for noobs cause they can get a taste of the game without worrying too much about sucking or strategies etc. Yes, I said GREAT FOR NOOBS! Bring VO back, the pubs may just regenerate because it is a more fun mode. In fact, I think I am planning on adjusting the way my gametype is done. I'm going to look at code for 2.3 and 2.4 and change things to create an ultimate VO mode. More to come on this later... enjoy!
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Much easier for the team to put VO back in. The reason it scares noobs away is because when scoring a normal goal a message pops up saying 'VO Only!' and they think

WTF is VO?

Try putting it back in with an explination of what VO stands for and actually involves. That way noobs know what is required of VO, and what VO means. Also ends this argument - which will go on for decades so long as it is removed from the game.