Development Log

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

binds are basically bullshit until people turn on "text to speech"

it helped POO so much.
but by default its off and people dont know what it is. and there is no time to read the binds. if you hear em its much more useful.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

Well you could always add somekind of beacon to the radar, so that you can see when a player wants a boost

e.g. press f
blue dot glows a bit ... or something...

i need my binds tho :P (posing touchdowns ftw)
The_One

Post by The_One »

I always used to have text to speech on but I turned it off. The spam became too tiresome. That's probably just a pub problem though. xD It still wouldn't help with boosting much. How would you know who was saying it/who it was aimed at?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Well "only team messages" helps a lot. And we added another protection so stuff like <!-_." and all these things are being ignored...because some people feel cool when they add all this to their boost binds. they cant just say "boost"...they need to make a fucking piece of art of it and spam it 10 times
The_One

Post by The_One »

That is annoying, yeah (it seems to break this board too). I've added all that kind of stuff myself.

It would be good if the ignore feature could be fixed. I haven't seen it work in ages. All the menus are there for it but nothing works (at least for me).
Last edited by The_One on 26-03-2007 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

it sometimes works :s
didnt use it for a long time tho
The_One

Post by The_One »

It very rarely works. I'd use it often (if I was playing).
mephistophel

Post by mephistophel »

The_One wrote: It very rarely works. I'd use it often (if I was playing).

it did work, think AC||M/FB would ever win a game without setting an ignore on HaSSaN ? pfff
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

i don`t got binds \o/

i know people now say "lol so ? ur dommeh cmon" \o^

spread love <3
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Goldy fixed the suck abuses and some spectator things.

Some new bugs appeared, then we can release 2.4u i think.
priior

Post by priior »

noobs who suck forget to boost!!
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

DavidM wrote: Goldy fixed the suck abuses and some spectator things.

What counts as abuse? If someone's sitting in your face with the sucker it makes it nigh on impossible to pass, is that abuse? :eek:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya, that was never planed like that. i mean i knew it would happen and that it would be bad....just the delay for enemy field players didn't work and we didnt notice it before the release. it only worked for keepers.
:-)

Post by :-) »

I'm confused David-san. Why was adding the suck button a good idea? American Deathball is dead and you people go to bed too early, so I never got to test this out. So you basically gave players the ability to hold a button and make the catch radius bigger? Is this the first step towards a more involved catching system like they have in Sourceball, where you can't just get hit by the ball, you actually have to catch it? Does it work for keepers? Did you add it just to insure this game will never again be hosted on an American server? I don't get it.

Also, Catalyst, have you implemented a suck button for xball yet? If not have you implemented any buttons?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Read my earlier statments about that.

I have no idea what sourceball has ever done. The American server stuff you say is just silly.
Why do I even reply? :P