World Cup 2006

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Which team is more likely to reach the final?

Korea Republic
2%
Argentina
7%
England
17%
Croatia
No votes
USA
No votes
Italy
5%
Cote d'Ivoire
2%
Ukraine
No votes
Paraguay
No votes
Germany
16%
Portugal
5%
Spain
No votes
Czech Republic
2%
Brazil
22%
Netherlands
12%
Japan
No votes
Mexico
No votes
Sweden
3%
France
No votes
Other (please precise which team in a post)
7%

Total votes: 58

Mr.Rino

Post by Mr.Rino »

DavidM wrote: it was exactly what i predicted
"a horrible 0:0 after 90 minutes with 2 even teams with a lucky winner" :D

I don't think it has been a horrible 0:0. The match was intense and some good chances each team.

but Italy deserves it expecially after we shot the post twice...

Anyway GG Germany but i didn't like what i've read last days on newspapers... Things that Germany told about Italians etc... :(
Messy

Post by Messy »

Germany is a country, it can't speak.

ps: Italy wasn't a lucky winner :| Italy deserved this win imo!
Shady

Post by Shady »

I agree with Messy, Italy or Portugal to win!.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

bloodeh wrote: :ban:

In last weeks my nation won a lot of pride. The worldcup was (wtf im talking about - it is!) a big party. Our team impressed me and im so happy to experienced a especially moment more in my life (watching a wc-quarterfinal of my country against a top-team in stadium and see them winning in penalty-shooting).

We loss yesterday. I think italy deserved it, but not with a big edge. To lose it that short before the penalty-shooting is unlucky (or shit) anyway. But i saw a big performence of my team, including yesterday. We became better and better, our defence won unexpected stability. Players like Lahm, Frings and in particular Klose shown big class and we shown after a long time of suffering a win over a "big team".

Im glory towards the german team and im very happy to see the glory for our country here. The people trust to show the flag, to roar something like "Deutschland, Deutschland..." without fear to be a (neo)nazi in the eyes of others. Of course football caused effects like that before, but not in that way. Its very special to see our nation getting a bit of pride, cause we ever had fear handling like that and everyone which said "im very glory to be a german" was a fucking nazi for the others. I hope we can keep much of that, I think we deserve to have the possibility showing pride…

Let the party go on! :D
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
Rincewind SW

Post by Rincewind SW »

6 out of 56 votes went to the remaining 3 teams :) and none to France! Nobody in this thread is giving them a fighting chance atm, despite them beating hot favourites Brazil (who were on poor form, but still!) After no goals last World Cup they've excelled. Nevertheless, I think it'll be Italy now, Germany getting 3rd place over Portugal.
Messy

Post by Messy »

A lot of Dutch people would be very content if Portugal would win.

Sure they wouldn't want them to be proud, but their team would have been beat by the champion :) So they'd technically be - in theory - potentially equal to Italy ;)

Anyway, I'd say France will be the champion ^^; gg Shady
Shady

Post by Shady »

FUck france and that diving cheat Henry!!
bloodeh

Post by bloodeh »

cmon. you didnt won over argentina (and it would have been important for you), argentina loss against us and we loss against italy -> italy >>>> the dutch :lol:
The_One

Post by The_One »

Dull game. It was a definite penalty. Neither team knew how to attack. France deserved the win.
Shady

Post by Shady »

Well another Henry dive dictates the outcome of a match, he touched him yeah but Henry threw himself forward, I hope Italy win now.
bloodeh

Post by bloodeh »

allez le bleus! i'll support france for myself - i also dont like italy without kicking our ass, so i have 2 reasons now :D
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

ALLEEEEEZ LES BLEUUUUS !!!
The_One

Post by The_One »

I want Zidane to lift it but I wouldn't begrudge Italy. Just hope it's an entertaining game. The knockout stages haven't really lived up to the group games' promising start.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

It was a pity really, the portuguese deserved another party \o/ but we'll do it anyway. :)

it is sad, cause france didnt play that well, really, got a goal from the penalty (Ricardo almost saved it again /o\ but zidane is just too good) and they pretty much just let time go by, lots of timewasting by them, but well, thats their experience paying off.

Portugal fought bravely, but Scolari risked too late, Pauleta shouldnt have left the field right after the goal, tbh, and Deco was completely uninspired too.

So GG France, but ill be supporting Italy, because i like their football, who really needs a cup right now after the scandal, and that it would go according to what i guessed before the world cup :)
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

i also thought Figo played one of his worst games ever today..