n00bs spoiling the game?? ... or big named claned members?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Vetenotonia

Post by Vetenotonia »

yeah i think but you shouldnt force people to join these if you decide they are n00bs... or class people they should be free to diceide..
cajuncook

Post by cajuncook »

Oh, no, I'm not saying that we should force joins, but if a bunch of n00bies want to come together and join a game where they know they're going to not be yelled at for sucking horribly.. for making a bad pass.. for not boosting.. they're going to enjoy the game much more. If they want to go elsewhere and learn with a bunch of experienced players around them, more power to them.
Vetenotonia

Post by Vetenotonia »

yeah i agree..... i would sometimes spectate to see how is getting on if this happens i think its a good idea.
cajuncook

Post by cajuncook »

What would be ideal is if we could put together 4 or 5 teams with 4 players a piece.. but the players have to suck. :P ..As in only being able to play a few days a week, or people who don't have the time to get better.. or those who have just started. Not really a league, but if two teams want to play each other for a while, it's always there, and they know that it shouldn't be a blowout either way.

Honestly, I'd like to see how I play against new people, because I'm not new to the game.. I've been playing since a day or two after v1.0, but I've never been able to play online until now because I'm a friggin' idiot. I can't really compare to better players, because I'm not there yet, so I can't really evaluate myself as being low down or middle "DeathBall class," let's call it.

The only problem with this is that all of us are eventually going to reach a decent amount of skill... enough to enter the real DB League. I guess we can just tell them to go find a real clan and pick up another n00b. ;)
Last edited by cajuncook on 17-05-2003 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i ran the gauntlet leanring to play deathball...

now that its even more n00b friendly why the hell cant they?

when they come on here and cry all i want to say to every single one of them is:

"If you don't like it leave, if all your going to do is complain instead of getting better we dont want you here"

I leanred how to play in 1.1 and 1.2 and i had a hard time doing it but i had fun doing it because there wasnt as big of a skill differential that there is now. Unfortunetally this skill differential is being eliminated to allow n00bs to even play with the big boys and every single skilled player knows that DB is going down the skill tube at an increasing rate. This is not fun for us, and its not fun for them.

Solution: We flame them

dont like it? leave.
cajuncook

Post by cajuncook »

Hey, now, I never said I didn't like it. I know how to play the game well enough to play with experienced players, I just probably would be the worst of the pack if you put me in a clan (right now, at least :D). Is it really so hard to set up a single server so n00bs can enjoy themselves instead of leaving because they can't play well? Maybe the n00b league is kind of idealistic, but one server isn't much to ask for..
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

Originally posted by DavidM
noobs shouldnt be playing with better players
i remember a DB Betatestserver or DBL1 server with the MOTD: Deathball Gameservers.net blablabla hosted by DavidM or something blablabla
line 4: If you are a n00b go away.

how n00bfriendly is that.. O_O :rolleyes:
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

BL44T wrote: i remember a DB Betatestserver or DBL1 server with the MOTD: Deathball Gameservers.net blablabla hosted by DavidM or something blablabla

That would go with what he said then...
noobs shouldnt be playing with better players

Don't know about you, but it makes sense to me

Also
cajuncook wrote: but one server isn't much to ask for..

In NA it is....there are only 5 non-pw servers, and they are all on smallcube playing volley only
Last edited by DiStUrbeD on 19-05-2003 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

BL44T wrote: i remember a DB Betatestserver or DBL1 server with the MOTD: Deathball Gameservers.net blablabla hosted by DavidM or something blablabla

ppl make mistakes :s
Alars

Post by Alars »

well here in Australia we've only got ONE server that is capable of having 12 people in it, and the DB community here is for the most part very friendly.......however most n00bs to DB never even read any msgs or spam telling them what they should do.....I propose this: a client side beginner mode.

Having this mode on gives the player all msgs/spam in text size 4 or more and moves all msgs down and into the centre under the vicnity radar, a server filter goes on the serverbrowser automatically to have the maximum players set to 5 (i.e. 5 people playing and cannot be changed until beginner mode is off) , and whenever someone scores with beginner mode on the other team will be 'n00bified' and this will be broadcasted throughout the whole server.......in f1 under the player's name will have 'beginner'.......the beginner mode will be set to default 'on' and in f3 there will be a most improved award - (n00b with best stats).....and whatever else anyone else can think of....

i have edited out the uber n00b award as it seems like flaming them.......and that = teh suck

if anyone flames them whilst they have this on - the flamer deserves to be kicked imho

Alars

PS I AM NOT A n00b
Last edited by Alars on 22-05-2003 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

Alars_Crabri wrote: PS I AM A n00b

true dat, alars :P
Alars

Post by Alars »

rofl
nameless

Post by nameless »

i play v/o when it s 3on3 by myself to make it fair(EDIT: If the other players don t play v/o i don t complain, i don t force anyone to do so). But if someone calls v/o with 5on5cube i just shoot goals and don t listen to them. v/o = 5 guys attacking, no def / keeper, can t c any sense of a volley when i m alone at their goal...

Sure i get such insults as n00b etc, i just advice them to leave the "public" server and rent an own server where they can do all shit they want ...
Alars

Post by Alars »

feedback from my idea would be appreciated.....

I have officially hijacked this thread

Alars
SuBBy

Post by SuBBy »

Cenotaph wrote: ppl make mistakes :s
And that was a very big one.