Development Log

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

:-)

Post by :-) »

If there was still an American community, we'd be bitching about the suck button for months. You know it's true.
The_One

Post by The_One »

The American community bitched about every change, didn't they?
:-)

Post by :-) »

Yeah :/

We even bitched when changes got reverted...
rEd2k

Post by rEd2k »

Sorry a little off topic here.. but does anyone know if the bot's AI will ever be refined a little more? I like the game enough to play by myself quite a bit but it gets tiresome with the horrible AI that the bots posses.

I am trying to start learning how to code in C++ but it's gunna take a long time from what I can tell. It's friggin hard! lol But if I can start to learn enough.. I wanna contribute to the AI part the most.

I feel that it will make the most difference at this point in the game's development. It will attract more players that don't want to or can't go online, and offer a whole new type of gameplay for the rest of us.

Like hell, just make 'em CHEAP for all I care... they need to be more difficult is the real thing that I think will really make more and more players wanna jump into the game and continue playing.

Of course, everyone already knows this.. so I don't wanna waste anyone's time talking about such an obvious thing too much :P If anyone knows if the AI will be enhanced any time soon, or by next release ect. Can ya let me know? -Thanks in advance, and if there's no info on this right now I'm not gunna cry about it.

Peace out everyone ;)

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com <-watch the movie, it could change your life. It opened my eyes even wider.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Ask Goldy about the Bots :)

For the movie, I just looked over it. A lot I know, some I don't. I'll have an exact look later.
Dude, if you REALLY REALLY wanna have your eyes opened, read into "german new medicine". We also have a discussion thread in 'off topic'. Nothing ever made so much sense and gave me so much confidence.
Knowing what's really going on in world politics and in our media propaganda is nice too. But german new medicine is something especially for you, while other things are more or less just gossip.
rEd2k

Post by rEd2k »

Thanks for the read, it's very interesting. I have a feeling that one day both methods of healing a person may be in practice, utilized at the same time to get the best results, whether it be one method or the other that is used more is yet to be seen. :)

I do belive that self-healing is one very important and an untapped way of true medication. My Grandma had cancer all over her body but she was fine... untill my Granpa died from a heart attack (he ate alot of fatty foods). My grandma just quit living.. her body shutdown.

The doctors say it had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CANCER.. she lost the will to live.. she lasted a year after his death. This to me showed the true power of the minds ability to controll everything that's happening to the body, whether is consious or sub-consious.

Thanks again for the read David ;) I'll talk to Goldy about the bots :P Oh and sorry about posting in this thread about the GNM related topic. I won't keep up that habit ;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

We all have many proofs in our familys or among friends or even in ourselves that Dr Hamer is right. The point is that ALL are up to psychological conflicts.
Only thing from school medicine that is still needed is surgery and some small things. Rest is fubar :s
But so you can guess why it's being professionally covered up.
I watched poor Dr Hamer in a German Talkshow. It was the wildest Propaganda with prejudice and no objevtively at all...instead factfreeness and polemic.
Anyway! :s
We are our own boss if we study the GNM. We can tell the doctors what we want or not. We can get a Brain CT and then go home (after he found a so called brain tumor). :D
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

New version coming soon. Small changes, its pretty flawless anyway. Mainly spectating is annoying at the moment.

Gameplay:
-Timeplay protection: the ball may only be controled for 10 seconds in the own p-box (not owning, just owning). It needs to be out for at least 5 seconds or touched by the enemy to reset the counter.
(This will have to be balanced after testing)
-Keeper change for new round problem fixed (sometimes you needed 3 seconds to actually become keeper)
-Banana status being reset to 0 after catching (no unintended bananas any more)
-Suck-Radius for opponent players lowered from 250 to 200 (same as kick range now)

Other:
-Effects setting can also be changed during online play now
-Spectator cameras go back to where they were before the replay
-Team Change countdown in pause menu only active after match starts. Spec/Join countdown only active after the first change.
-Stat log also being created serverside now

Maps:
-Fixed bug in November where the ball dissapears if a ballowner gets killed when he's touching the side fences
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

rEd2k wrote: Sorry a little off topic here.. but does anyone know if the bot's AI will ever be refined a little more? I like the game enough to play by myself quite a bit but it gets tiresome with the horrible AI that the bots posses.

I am trying to start learning how to code in C++ but it's gunna take a long time from what I can tell. It's friggin hard! lol But if I can start to learn enough.. I wanna contribute to the AI part the most.

I feel that it will make the most difference at this point in the game's development. It will attract more players that don't want to or can't go online, and offer a whole new type of gameplay for the rest of us.

Like hell, just make 'em CHEAP for all I care... they need to be more difficult is the real thing that I think will really make more and more players wanna jump into the game and continue playing.

Of course, everyone already knows this.. so I don't wanna waste anyone's time talking about such an obvious thing too much :P If anyone knows if the AI will be enhanced any time soon, or by next release ect. Can ya let me know? -Thanks in advance, and if there's no info on this right now I'm not gunna cry about it.

Peace out everyone ;)

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com <-watch the movie, it could change your life. It opened my eyes even wider.

First of all, welcome to the programming community :p

a bit of advice: be realistic! dont set up huge goals at the begining of your journey since you will notice that it will take a long long time before you have grasped a lot of the basic concepts. coding an ai takes A LOT of time, A LOT of theory and good math skills. it is not something you implement over a night (at least not for a big project).

you should start from the begining, learning the fundamentals of the language (which takes a lot of time), then move on to more advanced topics.
Last edited by GreyFox on 09-07-2007 14:31, edited 1 time in total.