Go Portugal Kick English Ass!!!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

BlackFlame wrote: sixty obviously didnt watch it

take your head out of Sven Goran Eriksson's butt and watch the game next time.. moron
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

god will you all stop the fucking personal attacks.

such a bunch of fucking losers.

the argument simply comes down to this fact.

did Terry foul the keeper or not.

It does not matter whether the correct decision was made or not. A decision was made.

of course UEFA will back their employee (the referee). any fucktards that think that this opinion is unbiased is an idiot.

of course England will complain. any morons who think THAT is wrong is just plain naive.

wrong decisions have been made throughout this tournament (1st one that comes to mind is when the Russian keeper was sent off for apparently handling the ball. he didn't btw. Guess who the opponents were? thats right, Portugal)

there is no doubt in ANYONE'S mind, including the portugese - though they won't admit it, that they have been very lucky with the decisions in this tournament.

my point is argue all you want, but calling each other morons etc does NOT make your, or my point, any more valid.

cue the flaming
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

RaGe|DB wrote: but the goal was so wrong, even the uefa said it. (watch news guys)

LOL!!

uefa means fuck all...

i mean they are trying to sue the players that complained about the penalty spot X_x. listen to the news? kthx
FeEdiKo

Post by FeEdiKo »

R3L!K wrote: Guess who the opponents were? thats right, Portugal

guess why porto won the champions league ;) /o\
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Coz Porto was better :p

and guess what, Cole should of been sent off yesterday, and the 2nd english goal vs the swiss followed a fault by Vassell.

referees make mistakes, omg! its not like their humans or sumthing :p

EDIT: will any of u say that it didnt look like Ovchinnikov touched the ball with his hand when u first saw it live?
Last edited by Cenotaph on 25-06-2004 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

Cole should of been sent off yesterday
nonsense... unless you mean when Ronaldo kicked him in the face :rolleyes:

fyi, vassell was constantly fouled by the portugese defense. One defender even flew OVER his head. Yet that was ruled as a foul BY Vassell.
will any of u say that it didnt look like Ovchinnikov touched the ball with his hand when u first saw it live?
does that make the decision correct?

edit: spelling mistakes :rolleyes:
Last edited by R3L!K on 25-06-2004 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Onge

Post by Onge »

The ref was awful...But it matters not now...Portugal won't win the tournament. In fact the only team to have really played well so far are the Czechs...They would be worthy winners...
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

BlackFlame wrote: sixty obviously didnt watch it

I actually did, and I agree with the referee......sorry :devil:
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

no need to apologise for having an opinion.

the people who should be apologising are the ones flaming each other because their opinions don't agree
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

R3L!K wrote:
does that make the decision correct?

duh, thats what im saying, referees can make wrong decisions. they are human, they fail sometimes!

Urs Meier made some mistakes yesterday, but that was not the case of the dissalowed goal, you guys said the linesman said it was a goal, does it matter? NO!

Of course, as i said above in some post, sumtimes referees tend to be biased due to personal feelings (the human factor again), but that was not Meier's case yesterday!

btw: did u see the look on the linesman's face when Ricardo saved the penalty, look again. I strongly advise u, maybe the referee was actually the unbiased one! i would describe the linesman expression in that time as similar to Eriksson's when Postiga scored!

Spain accepted the defeat with much more honour than England, one journalist actually apologised to Scolari for their behaviour before the match, and congratulated him. The English are only trying to find sum1 else to blame, instead of admitting they lost fairly! The english team isn't perfect, no1 can expect them to win everytime.

I must say im kinda surprised by this attitude coz the english are known for they love and care for football, but in the end they are acting just like we hot blooded latins ;)
Nontheless, the english fans here in Portugal and those watching the game at the stadium congratulated Portugal and didnt complain, thats what everyone should be doing, and thats what football should be all about tbh.

PS: R3L!K, u seem to think that every decision should taken in favour of the english ;)
that is a fault by Vassel coz he choose not to dispute the ball with a jumping opposer, thus putting Andrade's physical integrity at risk, that is a danger behaviour, equivalent to trying to dispute the ball with a foot in the air. It gives the offended team a right for a indirect Free kick. which was what Ronaldo did to Cole, and the referee gave England the free kick.
And Cole did a violent tackle in which he only touched the player and wasnt even booked!

The referee commited some mistakes (like everyone does), but he was not biased!
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

duh, thats what im saying, referees can make wrong decisions. they are human, they fail sometimes
duh, that's what all the English have been saying.
PS: R3L!K, u seem to think that every decision should taken in favour of the english
where have I said that? please do not assume to know what I think. I consider that extremely insulting.

I do think the referee was biased. I don't care if you disagree with me. But that is not the point of my argument.

Read the next line very carefully, you obviously can't understand what I am trying to say.

THE REFEREE WAS WRONG.

I have already said Portugal played better and deserved to win. But England scored more goals by full time. None of your twisted logic will ever change that. So please refrain from patronising me again, eg.
I must say im kinda surprised by this attitude coz the english are known for they love and care for football, but in the end they are acting just like we hot blooded latins
Nontheless, the english fans here in Portugal and those watching the game at the stadium congratulated Portugal and didnt complain, thats what everyone should be doing, and thats what football should be all about tbh.
You know what's funny. My problem isn't with Portugal winning, any team can get lucky. That doesn't bother me.
What does bother me is stupid decisions made by a referee. So my problem isn't with Portugal winning, it's with the refereeing decisions.

But judging by the reactions of the Portugal fans, who have gloated over the referee's decision in such an ugly manner, I can't help but feel a certain insecurity belies the manner of the victory.

Well, what goes around comes around.
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

Onge wrote: The ref was awful...But it matters not now...Portugal won't win the tournament. In fact the only team to have really played well so far are the Czechs...They would be worthy winners...

dutchies played well too, just not vs germany! o/
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

your complains against the referee only show you care about portugal's victory, cause i consider that as an insult to a well earned victory over England, and by saying that, u are depreciating Portugal's victory, which explains the "ugly manner"!

you CANNOT state as a fact that the referee was wrong, ive seen unbiased ppl (neither English nor Portuguese) some saying it was fault some saying it wasnt, so thats just ur opinion, not a fact!

first u admit referees can fail, but then u say he was biased, although he had bad calls against the english and the portuguese, tbh! i dont get it.

Cant you just say: it was a great game (maybe the more emotional match so far), Portugal won fair, like most english that are here in Portugal did? and like Reqqy said about the greeks victory in other thread. Y the excuses, i dont get it as well!
Last edited by Cenotaph on 25-06-2004 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

I invite u all to look at this video, and watch the linesman when Ricardo saves the penalty (last replay of the video)

then say the referee is the biased one

not trying to get in the same excuses as you guys are but, the linesman was not happy at all, if u know what i mean :p
Shev.npu
Banned

Post by Shev.npu »

Originally posted by Cenotaph
your complains against the referee only show you care about portugal's victory, cause i consider that as an insult to a well earned victory over England, and by saying that, u are depreciating Portugal's victory, which explains theugly manner"!

you CANNOT state as a fact that the referee was wrong, ive seen unbiased ppl (neither English nor Portuguese) some saying it was fault some saying it wasnt, so thats just ur opinion, not a fact!

first u admit referees can fail, but then u say he was biased, although he had bad calls against the english and the portuguese, tbh! i dont get it.

Cant you just say: it was a great game (maybe the more emotional match so far), Portugal won fair, like most english that are here in Portugal did? and like Reqqy said about the greeks victory in other thread. Y the excuses, i dont get it as well!

can anyone smell anything? its coming from his breathe i think, reminds me of a smell when i go past a rodio ranch.