teh new 1337 boost-trick u just GOTTA use.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

50% of our goals are volleys, so I guess we are fanboys \o
[V3]Dave
Banned

Post by [V3]Dave »

Originally posted by DavidM
maybe it could be fixed by lowering the volleypower:
the higher you are, the lower the power

^^^ agreed that might do tha trick
f1end

Post by f1end »

Hmmmmm.....like the height idea...the higher u are the less powerful the volley...like it a lot.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

-lowervolley power when you are 384+ units away from ground. for every 128 units remove 100 volley power. To check how high you are look at the keeper startpoint. If both keeper startpoints are not at the same high compare it to the one that you are closest too.

i think 384 is a good startpoint, maybe we need to remove 150 per 128 units tho...dunno yet
Imo

Post by Imo »

froste wrote: theres a difference between learning tactics and whoring moves

but every team has their own way of whoring goals. whether it be off the wall, cross and volley, hanging and pass long, cata or boost...
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

um, what the hell is with lowering volley power with height? your gun relies on gravity for its power or something and the planet has 1km radius? that is the only explanation i can think of except that its a lame attempt to nerf a move when set-jumping would do.
f1end

Post by f1end »

How about this for an explaination....

Your sheild-gun, and your Jump-Boots (how else can u do a quad-jump) run off the same power source, which is constantly re-charging/depleating. When u have just exhausted all the power with a quad-jump (hence only 4 jumps) there is less power left for the sheild-gun to use...

Good enough?...even though this is UNreal tornament anyway, and what has reality got to do with this...eh?...how do u explain the insta-gib in the p-box and no-where else, and the fact that u can only hurt the ball carrier...do these have sound explainations in physics..

Mind u, I still think set-jumping should be implemented aswell, and ffs, bring back dribbling!!!!!!!!!!111
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

" Your sheild-gun, and your Jump-Boots (how else can u do a quad-jump) run off the same power source, which is constantly re-charging/depleating."

thank you :P

makes no sense tho since you are being boosted up there....
but it's no deal:
It's nothing that would look like a bug, its not that obvious.
You guys know why it's there.
Others who dont know the "hovertrick" (?) wont notice it, the only thing they will notice is that you hardly score by doing that, so they won't try it again.
[V3]Dave
Banned

Post by [V3]Dave »

and ffs, bring back dribbling!!!!!!!!!!111

^^^ what he said
f1end

Post by f1end »

Originally posted by DavidM

makes no sense tho since you are being boosted up there....

Shhh....
Harold|ZBN

Post by Harold|ZBN »

^^ :lol:

hmm about set jumping. i dont think set jumping like its standard in ut2k3 will be a good solution but how about not being able to jump while ure falling. that way u dont have a hard time jumping 4 times but makes hovering kinda imposible. maybe its just something we should try out in a beta?
Last edited by Harold|ZBN on 05-08-2003 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

lol, here at first thought i think that harolds idea should be given a try
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

You always think about 5on5. I like 2on2 much more and if any major changes in db would be done you ruin 2on2

Dont limit the tactics!
Every tactic is defendable and it's not an instant goal if u use this tactic. There is always a possibility to catch the ball for the keeper.

I thought many new ways of scoring (tactics) would be implemented.

-> No limitation of tactics!

(didnt read whole topic, hope I didnt miss anything)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

sequa sez so cause cY is the team that is wh0ring that move, and I've seen em play, it IS the only way for em to score....that's what we are trying to prevent!
so dont distract by using that 2on2 excuse :)

"(didnt read whole topic, hope I didnt miss anything)"
you did....
Diab

Post by Diab »

its volley so far, what about when they grab the ball, fall towards the goal and lob it in before they land? would shot power also be less depending on how fast you are falling or something?

like if you fall down faster then say 200 units a second your shot power lowers? just guessing.