Post by vF_Zonk »

RaGe|DB wrote: i dont wanna play this in DBL matches :spammer:
...whats your point?

lots of maps won't be played in DBL matches, doesnt mean they shouldnt be made
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

vF_Zonk wrote: ...whats your point?

lots of maps won't be played in DBL matches, doesnt mean they shouldnt be made

i just said i dont wanna play it in DBL matches.. cant i say that?
im not saying the rest isnt played there. i just wanted to inform u and ur fellow forum users with that :ban:
speedy

Post by speedy »

whats teh password for the server?
Twigstir

Multiball

Post by Twigstir »

YoYo789, all I did was put two ball spawns in a map to see what would happen. Three things would need to be fixed to make it work.

1.) Make it so a player could only have one ball.
2.) Make both balls reset after a goal
3.) Make it so both balls show in the radar.

Except for the above it seem to work fine. 1 and 2 seemed to be the cause of all problems. 2COOL4-U indicated fixing that would be a huge task.

Maybe some day he'll change his mind if DavidM and him thinks it would prove interesting. I think a couple of multiball maps could be fun. I don't think it's worth a whole mod. Everything but the amount of balls in play and their spawn locations would be the same. Now and then it might be fun. I think people for most of their time would rather play deathball just the way it is. If enough people show an interest for it, then they might give it some more thought. If DavidM and 2COOL4-U think it's just to much work or they don't like the idea, that's fine.

Back to DB-Hole. Go for it. It couldn't hurt to give it a shot. I'm not completely sold on the map setup. With that much space behind the goal it might be very hard for the goalie to defend. I'm thinking people will get comfortable with the map and get good with setups and shots. The keeper has to defend not just infront of him/her, but all around. Too much for the keeper? I don't know. Just a thought.
Last edited by Twigstir on 28-08-2003 05:22, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

Stulovesyou wrote: It is to be part of Australia's DB map-pack.... that was started MONTHS ago... but never fully compiled.

Abnormal had a test run on our servers and was mega fun. Complete different style to typical DB.

If going for a different style. One change (hole instead of goal) in a basic lowcube map ... doesn't really qualify as something worthy of 'Official new map' status...

If you want a completely different map style to throw in as official - team with Zonk and get abnormal finalised and made 'professional' standard.

Currently its just classy & unique..

:p
Didn't your father ever tell you? Every hole is a goal. :D
Rens2Sea

Re: Multiball

Post by Rens2Sea »

Twigstir wrote: YoYo789, all I did was put two ball spawns in a map to see what would happen. Three things would need to be fixed to make it work.

1.) Make it so a player could only have one ball.
2.) Make both balls reset after a goal
3.) Make it so both balls show in the radar.

Except for the above it seem to work fine. 1 and 2 seemed to be the cause of all problems. 2COOL4-U indicated fixing that would be a huge task.
Lies!
I made multiballs with 5 balls for Multi Gibball and Dodgeball, not huge at all, just requires copies of a few existing classes (ball,radar thingy)

1. Needs a couple of checks to check if you already am holding a ball, if so, bounce the other ball of you.
2. Needs a ForEach thingy to go thru all balls, then reset them all.
3. Needs copies of the existing DB_RadarObjectball class, slightly changed.

/me awaits the 2cool4u complaining \o/
Last edited by Rens2Sea on 28-08-2003 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

We've played a lot db hole, and scoring is not easier than in cube, because people tend to get stuck to their own goal, so mostly its 3 or 4 keepers, and the goal is really not so huge.
Sure...more goals than in cube, but not that much.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

WORST IDEA EVER! If this is considered officail map quality, why not make other custom maps with good ideas official.

One of teh most best custom maps id say is optimized-03, its fun, and has good look.

Futhermore, no wall volleys, shouldn't it be good for davidm then?
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

Optimized03 is like, the biggest wall volley map ever o_O

As for your first line..............well, the current DB-Hole is the first ever beta, the final thing will be better

/me goes and tries to make Abnormal better (simpler underground?)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

the idea behind DB-Hole sucks though... I won't play it, lots of people wont play it. Why don't you put maps in the "official" relase that we WILL play like DB-U and DB-Live? Oh ya, cause you didnt make them and they dont blind old people with an over-use of pyros
Fruitcake
Banned

Post by Fruitcake »

LOL Surge, u crack me up dude :D anyway i played on hole and i think it kinda sucks right now....Db live as i remember it was pretty good..
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

DB-Live is the same as DB-Cube = should definitely not be put in

DB-U is ok but probably won't be made a default map, and if it doesn i doubt it'll be playd much

IMO having holes in the ground can make a good map, if done well....and IMO they will definitely get played if they happen to be done well
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

this map pwns, very fun, good gameplay but very tough on the keeper to save imho

touchdowns are easy too =D