sprinting is teh suxxor

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

liebs19

Post by liebs19 »

My only real problem with sprint is that it goes down for jumping. I use jumping as a strategy to geet open. I am not one of those kangaroo guys but i do jump and have my team psss to me when i am in the air. It is a great team strategy that we are farly good at. Should we be panalized by having us not be bale to use our sprint because we are good at jumping and completing passes?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

you havent read what has been said about jumping in this thread
saur0n

Post by saur0n »

if offsides is in the next release i'm done w/ DB

db has always been about the cat and mouse between picker and defense
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

at the moment I think sprinting is enough concerning "cat and mouse between picker and defense"

these day i can hardly talk to usaar33....ok, as always, and he was supposed to code it 0_o
liebs19

Post by liebs19 »

I have read what was said about jumping in this thread, i was agreeing with most of it and adding my support why it should be lower/taken out. I was just giving reasoning behind my opinion so as not to get flamed. I know how well opinions wihtout support go over.
bURNINGrOID

Post by bURNINGrOID »

Quote from Surge:
'i dont plan to stay around past this league '
------------------------------------------------

\o/
night

Post by night »

f1end :

boosting is basically an accepted exploit.

it took a bit to discover, and and as far as i know, my NS guys were the first doing it as a strategy. but that was a few versions ago.
then *EVERYONE*picked it upfast and they are all doing it.

now it has gone from being a way to get a quick start down the field, to being a requirement for a team to play the game in everything they do through the whole match.

berk: david has always wanted offsides, just the rest (most anyway) of his mod team didnt. he convinced them to make it a while back, but i believe its no longer something that could add to the game, and i think he some what feels that way as well.

all that based on my intuition skillz of course :cool:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

It's just that I didn't know what sprinting would be like. But it makes offside unnecessary, and it would be too vague cause of the pings.
Without sprinting it could still work tho....but DB without sprinting is sooo boring :)
it brings so much life into it
Beerface{Rage}

Post by Beerface{Rage} »

agreed!

offside would be nice, but not if it meant dropping sprinting!
But the game can be played without the offside rule.. if people don't like others "goal-hanging" or whatever you want to call it, then mark them tightly, or keep pummeling them, then they soon get bored.. :-)
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

yeah i think that is a really good choice on your part davidm

for the record, i am sorry about the use of the phrase "has the balls" i was trying to try of something that would more accuratly reflect what i was trying to say but i couldn't, i mean that would he take that big of a risk.

i really hope ppl accept sprinting, i think they will be a lot more ready to if you can get a just verson out that fixes the things you said, and not change much else just the tweaking, leave the scoring for latter, but i would really like to see what i said in my other thread be put in (ie allow if you press the curve button and the shoot button at the same time for it still to curve cuz it is really annoying the way it is imo)