Level Nu (Real)

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Pedro Pinheiro
Certified Finisher

Re: Level Nu (Real)

Post by Pedro Pinheiro »

Hi guys! I know this is my first message here but I just want to say a big thank you to David and all the people on this forum. I finished the game a few hours ago and even though I never posted here, I can say that your hints were very useful on the first levels and that by reading your conversations I even got to know some of you a little better :)
Anyways, It was an awesome ride! :D
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

on May 11th, Pedro above was confirmed to have solved nu. Gratz!
amh

Post by amh »

Grats Pedro!!
amh

Post by amh »

We are currently experiencing a higher than expected demand for targets. More targets should be available shortly, thank you for your patience :)
snappuccino
Certified Finisher

Post by snappuccino »

Back at it again... looks like we have to send a message to an account to get access now? Been a few years since I've taken a stab at it.
ohadpinchevsky
Certified Finisher

Post by ohadpinchevsky »

Nu solved!

It was fun 4 years!

Thanks David & friends.
Ohad Pinchevsky
amh

Post by amh »

ohadpinchevsky wrote: 30-10-2019 21:56 Nu solved!

It was fun 4 years!

Thanks David & friends.
Ohad Pinchevsky
Congratulations!!
ohadpinchevsky
Certified Finisher

Post by ohadpinchevsky »

Thanks amh!
You were very helpful!
dtm

Post by dtm »

is it normal for it to take quite a while before receiving a target? its been almost 2 months and no one in my group has gotten anything
Pedro Almeida

Post by Pedro Almeida »

dtm wrote: 09-11-2019 03:33 is it normal for it to take quite a while before receiving a target? its been almost 2 months and no one in my group has gotten anything
Well, i got to nu like yesterday, and still havent got anything
amh

Post by amh »

dtm wrote: 09-11-2019 03:33 is it normal for it to take quite a while before receiving a target? its been almost 2 months and no one in my group has gotten anything
PM me who is in your group.
Henrique H.
Certified Finisher

Post by Henrique H. »

@Hyonemoto here! It's been 4 years since I managed to beat Notpron, and I've never forgotten the incredible experience of going through all the levels and achieving the so-called "Remote Viewing." And since this level is no longer part of Notpron, I think I should share my experience with the "Nu" level.

In May of 2019, i spent the day researching what "Remote Viewing" was and was completely skeptical that I would have to "perform magic" instead of burning all my remaining neurons trying to come up with solutions to pass the final level. That night, I sat down to start the procedures, tried several times, and only received big nothingness and intrusive thoughts. Exhausted from trying so hard, I decided to go to sleep. As I was almost drifting off to sleep, an image came to mind.

First Attempt:

A hallway with green wallpaper, dark wooden baseboards, and a ball to the left of a door at the end. I jumped up in a frenzy to draw with as much detail as possible and quickly sent it off excitedly. Then I went to sleep to await the response.

This was the drawing I sent:

The next day, I went to school eagerly and during break, I searched for images with these same characteristics to see if I could find what might be my "target." I found photos very similar to what I had visualized when trying to fall asleep:

All of them had very similar details, and I could only think that it must be it. However, when David's response came, I was disappointed. It said:
You did a very good job, but I can't let it count. Please try again, you will understand later.
After that, all I could do was continue trying. I constantly performed the procedures, but nothing came to me during the sessions. So, I always tried to pay attention to my dreams or any thoughts that came into my head and caught my attention.

Second Attempt:

I sent just a text saying: "Basketball," because it was something present in the first image but not in focus. This attempt was also rejected, and I received another response:
It is not a ball. Do a session on that “thing” and tell me what purpose it has, what material, and what movement.
From here, I had the information that it was some object, had movement, a function, and a specific material. So, I began trying to focus my "vision" on something like that.

Third Attempt:

This third attempt, although rejected, in my opinion, was the closest to my target. It described exactly the movement it made, rotating and upwards, and I even guessed the material right. I don't know why David didn't let me pass with this one, but anyway, his response was:
No idea if it has anything to do with it or not.
Fourth Attempt:

I just sent the photo of the drawing I made:

A few days later, when I opened the Nu level page, my heart nearly jumped out of my mouth.

After discussing with David, he understood my session as if I had seen the screwdriver from the person's perspective, along with the rotating movement being performed, so he approved my submission.

I think my third submission was the best I sent, but the important thing is that I passed =P

I don't believe in anything psychic, but I can't deny that this is something impressive. The universe is so complex that maybe something like this can still be explained by the laws of physics.

Anyway, Notpron was one of the experiences easily in the top 3 of my life. It helped shape who I am today. At the time, I was introduced to programming and music theory, of which I had 0% knowledge. Nowadays, 4 years later, I am a pianist, composer, and programmer, undoubtedly influenced by this riddle. Thank you, David, for this incredible project, to the administrators, collaborators, and AMH for the support offered and for keeping this community running for so many years! <3
Last edited by Henrique H. on 07-04-2024 18:28, edited 5 times in total.
mestre kinopio
Certified Finisher

Post by mestre kinopio »

Just solved Nu today. So it's a happy day. I arrived there 8 years ago but never tried it properly until this month.
Thanks David and all the stuff for all the fun!
amh

Post by amh »

mestre kinopio wrote: 17-12-2019 03:02 Just solved Nu today. So it's a happy day. I arrived there 8 years ago but never tried it properly until this month.
Thanks David and all the stuff for all the fun!
Congratulations!
tomatao

Post by tomatao »

I’m receiving “Your upload generated an error. Don’t try to mess with the system” when I try to upload my submission.
Help?