Level MINUS 33

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

meep98324

Post by meep98324 »

did you find the old answer? :)
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

um.. the answer changed?
meep98324

Post by meep98324 »

well, now the answer is to e-mail david and he gives you the un/pw. but the old answer is still there.
Apphex

Post by Apphex »

Actually, to pass level minus 33 you still need to use what you call the "old answer." Passing level minus 33 and getting in to level minus 34 are NOT the same thing. To convince yourself of this, go to level minus 33 (of course clear your cookies & of course open a new internet explorer window) and try and "pass" level minus 33 by using the username/password that DavidM emailed you. It won't work.

To pass level minus 33, you must use what you call the "old answer" (the un/pw you get by solving level -33), then follow the simple instructions to get to level minus 34 (1->2->then the un/pw box comes up and says "Check for further information notpron/taxinfo.htm", and THEN you input the username and password that DavidM emailed you.

See, they are not the same :) ;)
meep98324

Post by meep98324 »

nevermind then. when I first got to level -34, it was literally one of the first days of the riddle tax, so there wasn't any groaning about people having to pay. I thought it was a hoax, and had already solved -33 the normal way before i got my UN/PW to -34. So I never knew that :)
c

Post by c »

So after all the time I'm away from Notpron thinking I've finished the hardest riddle in the world, there are new levels again? And I have to pay? Not that 1 Euro is a lot, but it's just hard for me to pay anything! I don't have a credit card! I don't think my dad will be glad to help me pay for some riddles. So I guess I better forget Notpron now?
Apphex

Post by Apphex »

Don't you have a bank account? If your dad is as conservative as you make him sound, he probably set up a bank account for you to start saving money in when you were very young. If you have a bank account, you can get a Paypal account and pay the euro that way. Or email DavidM and see if you can mail him one.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Apphex wrote: Don't you have a bank account? If your dad is as conservative as you make him sound, he probably set up a bank account for you to start saving money in when you were very young. If you have a bank account, you can get a Paypal account and pay the euro that way. Or email DavidM and see if you can mail him one.

How does his post make his dad sound conservative? :eek:
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Maybe with regards to conserving money? ;)
martishka

Post by martishka »

Well this is it.

PayPal does not cover my country and the transfer fee of 1 euro ( sum is not important - for 1000 euro it would be the same ) is about 30 euro :( (here this equals 100 beers :) )

:hmmmz: It is a shame - this extortion, because if someone uses a walkthrough, what is to stop him from using it again after he pays the tax???

So this means that notpron goes down the drain for me :( it was fun. It took me more then 6 months to get here. Maybe DavidM should consider putting this tax business somewhere in the beginning to save people like me the disappointment from getting so far and not finish :)

</martishka>
snackbar

Post by snackbar »

where do u live?
martishka

Post by martishka »

Bulgaria
Apphex

Post by Apphex »

@martishka :

I asked DavidM by email about the same thing you were just writing about:
martishka wrote: if someone uses a walkthrough, what is to stop him from using it again after he pays the tax???

</martishka>

because I didn't see how the tax could stop people from just paying the tax, then solving the riddles, then posting a walkthrough, or not solving them and using a walkthrough.

He emailed back and said it DOES work because so far no one has posted the solutions to the greek levels yet. There are no walkthroughs available, so people can't use them after paying the tax and getting to the greeks.

I guess someone could come along and post a walkthrough, but so far it has worked
martishka

Post by martishka »

It is a mystery to me how this has worked out but it is possible I guess :)

But the problem with the paying stays :) if your country is in PayPal's trust list it's easy, but if you are not - tough luck :(

1 euro is not much but paying 30 for the transfer .... this is crazy.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Why not email DavidM and see if he has an address he can give you so you can mail the 1 euro to him.