VO Sub community

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

Awww I'm so sad, he doesn't like me. I guess I'm just pro-choice. You don't like me cause I provide choice? Too bad, so sad.

Hey, you're right! RMB+LMB makes an absolutely perfect crossing pass for VO... thanks for the idea Orney, I owe ya one! Now I definitely want a VO mode to try that out! Thanks for the inspiration too! Orney... you rock!
The_One

Post by The_One »

VO isn't played on pubs. Reg isn't played on pubs. DB isn't played on pubs. Talking about what kind of DB should be played on pubs is irrelevant. Pontificating will not change the facts.

Play whatever flavour of DB you like but for the love of God play it on pubs. Pickups are killing any miniscule chance this game has. At least NA mixers are played on open servers (UFO is open right? I see no padlock) so new guys can at least watch and interact with players. Maybe euro servers could be like this.

This game is supposed to be about fun. If you have fun playing VO, great. If you have fun playing reg, great! Have fun on pubs. It's the only way any new guys will stick around. A server full of guys playing VO is far better than an empty server.
Orney

Post by Orney »

EsorcismoNJD wrote: Awww I'm so sad, he doesn't like me. I guess I'm just pro-choice. You don't like me cause I provide choice? Too bad, so sad.

Hey, you're right! RMB+LMB makes an absolutely perfect crossing pass for VO... thanks for the idea Orney, I owe ya one! Now I definitely want a VO mode to try that out! Thanks for the inspiration too! Orney... you rock!

dude... not funny. :blabla:

The_One i would play Public belive me, but why should i play public when i cant use my full skill in keeper pos.. U know im a full keeper and in pickups i can use all i got. In VO server i just getting lower and suck in pickups for not keeping like i should.
The_One

Post by The_One »

I think his post was for his own amusement rather than yours.

I know you're not completely averse to pubs but the majority are. If it affects your game a bit, who cares? I play half-blind so I'll obviously suck whatever but it doesn't bother me (the sucking part, not the blind bit xD). How about not playing in goal on pubs? No problems then. How about joining a reg server? There aren't any VO servers anyway. Where will your keeper skills be with no one to keep against?

Doing this on your own won't change anything but if more follow, it will. It's fighting the tide, caused by UT2K4's relative failure, but it's got to be worth a shot.
Last edited by The_One on 26-09-2006 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

`Ghost` wrote: So actually Orney you should just play pickups. That way you dont have to play VO. Playing VO or non VO is a players choice. They play what they want to play. Every one arguing VO vs non VO makes no sense. Its a players choice what they play. They dont even have to play db, it is their choice to.

If you dont like VO, dont play it

If you dont like regular, dont play it.

There really is no argument, the -only- argument I can see, is the fact that VO has now been taken away. I would suggest putting the VO option back in just to settle this argument, because in the end, its up to the player what they play - taking out VO does not solve this.

But this is just my opinion o/

edit: Consider me a neutral for both sides of the argument. I like reg, I like VO. I dont care which I play, but I do see each side's arguments. The argument is not between which is better, reg or VO, its between the players who want VO brought back as an option, and the coders.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

tangiest thread of the year
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Orney wrote: and when we (when i say we i mean the people who really know whats DB) expirienced that VO isnt good for the community and the game, then it is the way and should be fixed.
If this was true, than you could tell us what harm VO has done to the community and the game? What benifit(s) did regular deathball get from it's removal? What harm have they done to you while they were playing VO?
Originally posted by Orney U know what.. Play more regular db or pickups, maybe you will change your mind and learn the game better....

I've played a lot of regular deathball and VO coded in has no effect on the gameplay of regular deathball. Nor has playing regular deathball made me hate another group of people period. I don't think a few more games would make me want to try an stop someone from playing VO.
Originally posted by Orney i dont really like u and the maker of vo mod. but i respect all players and posts because its a argument like mine.

Removing the code for VO wasn't an argument, it was an action. An action you support. An action that attempted to stop people from playing and enjoying VO as part of this community.

You playing regular deathball doesn't effect VO. So if DavidVO had power shots coded out of the game an I supported that action, how would you feel?
Originally posted by OrneyVO And no! It wont stop you of having fun! Stop do like u know all yourself better! FFS! I can tell you you would enjoy VO aswell. Needs time!

Are you going to join, be happy, and play VO forever? I get the felling you have a problem with that.
Originally posted by OrneyVO When Regular was removed from DB all started to play VO, because they had no choise... and still they enjoyed playing,

See, all for the better. No question about that. What, you want the argue?
Originally posted by OrneyVO It looks like you people want to be outsiders and make (Regular Community).. Such a shit... No one need this club. People should enjoy one game to become on the same level..

You shouldn't argue because I know.
Originally posted by OrneyVO and when we (when i say we i mean the people who really know whats DB) expirienced that Regular isnt good for the community and the game, then it is the way and should be fixed.

See, OrneyVO repects everyone. I've just given you arguments why regular should be removed. What, those aren't arguments for regular being coded out?
Originally posted by OrneyVO I just laugh when i play on regular server as a attacker. its so fucking boring i just shoot and score coz keeper has to cover the pass to open man.

Told you OrneyVO respects everyone. i just told my ARGUMENT
Originally posted by OrneyVO its not a question of taste its just u got used to it. U got used and thats the reason of Regular

A walk in other peoples shoes can often find faults with your own ideas.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

sweet bejeezus havent seen an essay like that since offsides were being debated

have to ask though, whats the use of essaying when you know its not going to change things?
Orney

Post by Orney »

well tats absurd twigster. A noob like u playing with joystick never will know whats db in a "whole packet". your faked posts are the worst. keep saying what u want i dont care anymore, people like have no clue.
end of story
beefsack i just tryed.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

I hope they get mad enough to really try and crush me with a strong argument. If they are thinking, there is hope. None do thou. Just more like that post above. So your right, it's of no use. But what the heck, one more try can't hurt.

Orney, you proved my point exactly.[quote="Orney [/i]well tats absurd twigster. your faked posts are the worst. . [/quote] Yes they are the worst and they are absurd. They are exactly the same as the orginials. Changing "VO" for "Regular" didn't change that fact. :p
Originally posted by Orney"]
A noob like u playing with joystick never will know whats db in a "whole packet"
Maybe, but then again I, like others, did see a long time ago that up and down curves would be cool. http://xball.phoenix-powered.com/forums ... c.php?t=15 Easy to do with a hat on a joystick. Glad DavidM and the coders found a mouse that could do it just as good as the joystick. There is still more that can be added to that "whole packet"
Last edited by Twigstir on 26-09-2006 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Actually I'm with Twigstir on this. Removing VO benefitted no one. If you dont like VO, just leave the VO players alone and play your own regular. VO players are not effecting you in any way what so ever. Put VO back in
Orney

Post by Orney »

let it be then like it is... maybe one day u will open your fucking eyes wide and see the real db :eek:
ps. twigster :noob:
Last edited by Orney on 26-09-2006 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Orney wrote: let it be then like it is... maybe one day u will open your fucking eyes wide and see the real db :eek:
ps. twigster :noob:

You know, it's not really that important to me to see your real DB. Having fun \o/ is. And I'm already doing that playing the fake DB. Let it be like it was. Fake fun \o/, real fun \o/ . Two funs \o/ \o/ is better than one \o/.
Last edited by Twigstir on 26-09-2006 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Quit responding to Orney's trolling. He'll never get it.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

oooo I've never been in any one's sig before. <3 Twig

[10:44:09] <`ghost`> you could compare this hate towards VO almost as racism
[10:44:23] <`ghost`> they're not your religion, so take away theirs and expect them to convert to yours

And we just discussed on IRC. You cannot expect to have a proper DB match (tactics, positons, team play) on publics. If thats what you're looking for, then you're in the wrong place and should be on the pickup channel/mixer channel. If people want to play properly - thats where they will go. If they're looking for fun, to do their own thing, without orders or positions - They'll go to publics.

CTF Player joins a pub, starts learning how to play etc Adrenalin is on, and weapon pickups STAY on collection. This player, after a while, decides he wants to play proper CTF matches with a defense, attack etc. He joins a CTF pickup channel and plays a match. He notices Adrenalin isnt there, and that weapons disappear once some one collects them - This is all about learning to play properly because he CHOSE to, not because he was forced to.
Last edited by `Ghost` on 26-09-2006 10:50, edited 1 time in total.