To Guiity / Fo

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

CorDawg
Banned

To Guiity / Fo

Post by CorDawg »

If you even care about the future of deathball take volley only off your server fs so gay
speedy

Post by speedy »

yes
Twigstir

Re: To Guiity / Fo

Post by Twigstir »

CorDawg wrote: If you even care about the future of deathball take volley only off your server fs so gay

That statement makes no sense what so ever.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

it would be smart to look for the admin email in the server rules....
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

There are some people who don't like volley only and believe noboby should be able to play and enjoy it. It makes no sense to desire to prohibit others from having harmless fun. Going out of your way to attempt to stop people from having harmless fun is pure evil.
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

its 5v5 vo smallcube 24/7 with occasional blueridge. if your not gonna change vo at least make it 3v3.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ouch, that hurts! 5on5 is good, but then make it cube, greenbaize, november, curve etc, and no volleyonly /o\
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I am a lil tired of small cube myself. but not VO. it is rare now adays there are actually 5 on 5 for more then one match if even for a whole match. we don't have enough NA players to make anyone want to sit on an empty server and wait 10 minutes for more people to show up.

if anyone in NA cares about the future of DB they'll stop making PUG games and sit on a public server for 5 on 5 reg...

too bad servers are so expensive or i might have gotten one for NA :/

NA-DB is mostly dead at the moment, i hope 2k4 it'll pick up once we have a stable good system. and get the word out on all the site about what DB is.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

we needs a NA server for NA hardcore, I have seen @ least 5 NA ppl on the DB1 server and since i haven't played that much i expect there are more. maybe i can talk foo into puting one up.

as for VO nobody wants to play reg any more becuase there are just so many times that it is frustrating. With VO if your team sucks @ least you can try and take matters in your own hand, with reg you might as well leave the server.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Bah, Twig, what's wrong about 5on5 VO, is that the VO-jugend never learn to play deathball in all of it's beauty.

In case you haven't noticed, 5on5 VO lacks skill in any way, and people are learning the wrong things, 5on5 VO scares n00bs away, and if it doesn't, it keeps them n00bs, and they will never get to know deathball for what it's for.
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

^w3rd
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

as messy said.
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

^^^^
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

My previous comment applies perfectly. All the trash talk about volley only lacks any intelligents what so ever and is pure lies. It's sad to see so many talk completely out of their anus.

I suspect that all the trash talk is from people who don't have the skills to keep up with volley only. They spam lies to cover their own weakness and make them feel better. There is no reason to trash something because you personally can't handle it.

Some people like long ball, some volley only, some both, some 5 -vs- 5, some smaller numbers. It's all good. Play what you like. No one form of deathball is any better or worse than the other.

Servers exist to play what you like. Enough players may be a problem but not the servers. It's pure stupidity to think you can force others to play your style by abolishing their style of play. A full volley only server minus volley only will not result in a full shooting deathball server by default.

As for new players, some will enjoy and stay for volley only, some for long ball.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

My opinion here keeps changing. I used to like a little VO, then I hated it, now I'm indifferent..

Either way, the volley-only gametype is available to be voted up on the BuD servers and I know Guitty has it set the same. You can vote against it if you get sick of it. If the majority want to play VO.. go with the flow or go to another server, start a reg db game and if peeps wanted to join that, they will.. You can also try to lobby them to try reg - that's the democratic way.

In the past I've ranted against VO, but there's not much point to that. I don't want to DIScourage anyone playing the game of deathball in the way they are comfy. I ask those that DO love the game for what it really is to actually play it in public and simply invite VO guys to join you. If they see the game is something more than VO and it can be fun (minus abuse for crap passing, etc), then maybe you'll make progress toward the end you're looking for. In NA, the real reg db games are too inaccessable to pub players - pugs are nearly the only actual db play to be seen. And that is usually on a passworded server.

We've made our appeals before and some good people gave it an honest try, but when part of the community doesn't care that's failure before we've started.

edit: Berk! Ahem... check muh sig. Two servers there to be used, two proactive admins (Twig is on board with us now too! \o/) and plenty of bandwidth.

Also - UT2Vote has the ability to disallow maps based on the # of people playing. It can be set to reject smallcube if there's <6 players, and reject biglowcube unless there's >11 players..

Finally, NA server feedback/suggestions are best posted to the forums on deathball.us as well.
Last edited by Imaginos on 20-04-2004 04:37, edited 1 time in total.