DeathBall2 as a GameType

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

gammo

DeathBall2 as a GameType

Post by gammo »

Yo waz sop?

I'm running a Dedicated UT4 server and I would like to run DeathBall 2 on that server as a selectable gametype from the UT2vote 4.2 "Games" menu.

But in the installation instructions that come with the DB2 d/l there is no clear information as how to do that.

Can anyone help me on this?

++++++
Additional Server information:

Server Version: 3204
Server IP: 203.17.15.213:7777
Mutators that run by default on ALL gametypes: utcompv13.MutUTComp,AntiTCC115aLite.MutAntiTCC,VAS_SaveToServer.MutVAS_SaveToServer,

Tanks.....
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

I doubt utcomp would work with deathball, its not got any guns > no need for stats > 1 or 2 hits = Kill > no need for hitsounds > its a small area environment where you can see mostly everything > no need for brightskins.

But still, I cant really help you with your problem, I think imag is a ut2vote expert, Ill see if i can point him this way
gammo

Post by gammo »

kooll tanks for dat...

yeah it dun need anything almost, but i want to run it as a selectable gametype...n the common feel to our server is marked by those mods running by default.....

DB is not dat popular here, there is only a mild interest in it so far.... there was only one DB server in Oz for UT2K3 n dat did not make it into UT4....

So rather then dive into a dedicated DB server, I want to run it as a gametype n see how much interest is taken in it......

=]
Last edited by gammo on 12-06-2004 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
-=LyNx=-
Banned

Post by -=LyNx=- »

is this msn
Messy

Post by Messy »

Oz = Australia?

If so..hell yeah the Ozforces server made it to ut2k4 O_o go ahead and play on it already ;p

As for the mutators, might have some problems with that =\ but whatever you want ;p

..the mod as a selectable game is possible, Imag has it on the BuD server.

Can't you just look up how to add a game in the readme then add DeathBall.DB_Deathball? O_o
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Yes. Contact me. I am the UT2Vote pimp, yo.

Put this into your UT2Vote42,ini:

GameType=(GameName="DeathBall Reg 2.0Full",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="BuD2k4 DeathBall **NEW 2.0 Final** - UT2Vote",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DB-LowCube2",MapPrefix="DB",GameClass="Deathball.DB_DeathBall",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5")
GameType=(GameName="DeathBall VO 2.0Full",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="BuD2k4 VO Deathball **NEW 2.0 Final ** - UT2Vote",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DB-Wastelands",MapPrefix="DB",GameClass="BuD4VO.BuD4VO",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5")

Configure the above to your liking. Please note the VO gametype is a custom extension I made to Deathball using ProAsm's Gamemake3. It's available at his site with UT2Vote. If you prefer, I'll send you the BuDVO files instead and you won't have to make your own.

This goes in your UT2004.ini (Or server.ini, whatever you use) in [core.system]:

Paths=../deathball/System/*.u
Paths=../deathball/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../deathball/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../deathball/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../deathball/Music/*.umx
Paths=../deathball/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../deathball/Animations/*.ukx

Adding the above will let you leave the Deathball files in the seperate subbirectory tree as the instructions ask you to. Please note that ALL UCL files in the ../ut2004/deathball/system directory must be moved to the ../ut2004/system directory to be recognized by your multi-mod server. Also move the dbplayer.upl file as well - though I'm not entirely sure that move is necessary.. I did it to be safe..

Any problems, get on gamesurge or quakenet and get into #dbcommunity. You'll find me there.. aight?
gammo

Post by gammo »

tanks d00dman... willl go ahead and try the above....

Yes GameMaker3 is what I use to make ALL the gametypes available on our server..... and I was going to ask in my original post about it working to make a DB2 gametype...like what do I put in the "Original Game Class" input box?

....but thought it too much to ask in one go... lol...

will let you know how I go.....

+++++++

Doh!.. I never new OzForces still got it running.. lol

better refresh the browser... ehhehehehe

koolll.. welll wid a bit of luck there will be 2 DB servers in Oz.....

n daz good no?

=]
Last edited by gammo on 13-06-2004 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

Speak English please... -_-
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

gammo wrote: tanks d00dman... willl go ahead and try the above....

Yes GameMaker3 is what I use to make ALL the gametypes available on our server..... and I was going to ask in my original post about it working to make a DB2 gametype...like what do I put in the "Original Game Class" input box?

....but thought it too much to ask in one go... lol...

will let you know how I go.....
Parent gameclass will be DB_DeathBall
gammo

Post by gammo »

k thanks for that.... I tried a few different names to no avail.. tanks.....

ok now for some strange reason GameMaker3 is not writing the *.ucl, *.u, *.int files out anywere!

lol

First it tells me it can't find the deathball.u file, that's becase it's in it's own seperate folder and not in the ut4/system folder......

But wen i move it there so GameMaker3 can use it, it uses it ok, it gives me the gameclass folder but it does not write the other 3 files...

any ideas?
gammo

Post by gammo »

Apart from the above problem....... the server wont work wen you try to select DB... I'm using the first of the two UT2vote4.2 entries you posted above....

I select the gametype from the UT2vote Games menu...n the server first kicks everyone off..... and then restarts on the same map, but with UT2vote as the ONLY active mutator...

help.... =[
Last edited by gammo on 13-06-2004 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Cirian

Post by Cirian »

One thing, Australia has 4 DB servers - OzForces and three GameArena ones.

Also, you can set voteable DB up easily with the inbuilt mapvoting system.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Deathball's ucl file has to be in the ..ut2004/system directory for all this to work. If you installed it all to the default locations, the ucl is in the wrong place: ../ut2004/deathball/system
Messy

Post by Messy »

Yeh the GameArena ones are new :) lovely..

I only saw the #2 and #3 ones today (didn't see any others).

splendid \o/
gammo

Post by gammo »

ys i put it in the ut2004/system directory.. i followed your instructions to a teee....

?
Last edited by gammo on 14-06-2004 07:14, edited 1 time in total.