Hammer Power VS. Physics

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Surge
Banned

Hammer Power VS. Physics

Post by Surge »

After reading the "Big Hitz" thread i had an thought. When your jumping at someone ant they hit you with their hammer you dont go very far but on the other hand when hit in the back or side they go MUCH farther. Now its quite obvious that its ballenced but physics dictates that with each action there an equal and opposite reaction or what we like to call kickback. This I think would solve many problems in Deathball including the frustration of attackers jumping towards the crease. A small hit of kickback to a defender just to give the offensive player a little more breathing room. At the same time it would be good for catchin passes in crowds and it would be more realistic as far as firing a pnumatic hammer at someone else goes.
Killing_U

Post by Killing_U »

how do you mean?
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

i think he means that there should be a recoil on the person that is hitting with the hammer
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

basically yes, but only if the person is comming towards you and you hit them, otherwise that would be lame. The faster someone flies at you the farther you get recoiled.
FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

this may be usful if you could boost yourself away from walls, like wall jumping in normal UT
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

i like the sound of that! mayb if ur huggin a wall, and to get a bit of space from the defender you could hammer the wall and boost urself backwards, sounds pretty cool!
Lemmeloose2000

Post by Lemmeloose2000 »

yeah sounds cool, hase davidM heard???
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i dunno, he never reads what i post
Alars

Post by Alars »

umm i thought the cylinders on the shield gun that poke out each time you fire were supposed to be recoil dissapators....?
SpikeBall

Post by SpikeBall »

The game is cool the way it is, and you guys try to make it harder? No recoil, DB is not supposed to be realistic, its supposed to be fun. But lets wait and listen to DavidM answer to this.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

ok, never speak about what you dont know about Spike. Download beathball 1.3b and have fun. Since then DB has been getting "realistic" and more people have been quitting/complaining. From realism has come Shake, sprint, huge volley radiuses, and banana shots. This is a realistic aspect that most people wouldnt mind because it wouldnt afect the game much, it would simply add self boosts that probably wouldnt be too strong and let strikers get more shooting space which also would help the keeper see what hes catching.
and Alars, if you play regular deathmatch shoot your shield cannon at the ground and you will bounce up. They're not recoil displacers they're pressure releases.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

in the very beginning you could kick yourself around with the hammer
it was awful because it makes you faster, so in the end everybody would be kicking themselves around....same reason why dodging is gone
SpikeBall

Post by SpikeBall »

DavidM wrote: in the very beginning you could kick yourself around with the hammer
it was awful because it makes you faster, so in the end everybody would be kicking themselves around....same reason why dodging is gone

well, I think thats over. I dont complain about DB getting realistic, only about the realism mess up with the gameplay and decrease the game quality. There are a lot of things that can be added to enhance the gameplay (including real world things), but this one would make it worse.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

actually surge, ur idea of newton's law is pretty basic, the law of action-reaction is a bit different if you take advanced physics courses.

for example: when a space shuttle launches, how does it go up? well it release gases right? duh but wats pushing up the rocket?
I know the answer, I want some of you other guys to try to figure out, if no one posts, I will explain.
f1end

Post by f1end »

Little flying gremlins :lol: