Windows Sticky Keys!!!!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

veryhardgame

Windows Sticky Keys!!!!

Post by veryhardgame »

I WAS JUST PLAYING A GAME CALLED N AND THE GAME REQUIRES YOU TO PRESS SHIFT TO JUMP IN IT. THAT'S HOW I DISCOVERED STICKY KEYS. IN WINDOWS, IF YOU PRESS THE SHIFT KEY FIVE TIMES IN A ROW, IT TURNS THEM ON, I GUESS IT JUST MAKES SHIFT UNUSEABLE. I WENT INTO THE SETTINGS FOR THEM TO TRY TO TURN THEM OFF AND WHEN I TRIED, AFTER THAT, MY SHIFT WON'T DO ANYTHING AND I AM STUCK WRITING IN ALL CAPS. IT ALSO MADE IT SO WHEN I CLICK ANYTHING, IT HIGHLIGHTS IT ALONG WITH EVERYTHING BEFORE IT. I FIGURED OUT IF I JUST REBOOT MY COMPUTER, IT WILL GO AWAY, BUT THEY ARE BACK ON NOW AND I WANTED TO SHOW YOU HOW FUCKING ANNOYING THEY CAN BE. FUCK OFF STICKY KEYS, FUCK OFF AND DIE.
speedy

Post by speedy »

hey i can count, wee

1 2 3 4 5

Turn StickyKeys off by pressing Shift five times. To turn it back on, press Shift five times, and then press Enter.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Press both shift keys together and it turns off, i think i read somewhere.

I hate it too.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

There is a little something called Control Panel.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

I dont think you can disable it through there... to be honest I've never checked..

I know you can fiddle with the accessability options but even if you tell it NOT to use Sticky Keys .. it ignores you..

..So if it's possible, find out how and tell me ;)

Im not being lazy, i just have to go to a lecture now :D Already missed 1 today :(

SHAME ON ME.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

First time it came up for me it gave me the option of disabling them - pick the disable option and it'll never come up again ^^

Btw the game doesnt 'require' you use shift to jump o; change controls.

I use the arrow keys to move, and the right control button to jump :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

when you press shift 5 times you get into a menu where you can disable just this with a check box......
come on :S
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

It doesnt ignore if u uncheck it.

I've got mine disabled. I ain't got any problem with shift.
NoSexualFreak
Banned

Post by NoSexualFreak »

all i did was keep messying around with shift until they fucked off. may take 10 seconds, make take 2 hours.. ;shrugg;
Messy

Post by Messy »

Guess what? You can turn it off ;p

I know I did o_O but I don't remember how.
If I can't remember, it probably wasn't a very big quest ;)
Rincewind SW

Post by Rincewind SW »

DavidM wrote: when you press shift 5 times you get into a menu where you can disable just this with a check box......
come on :S

Worked for me... :eek:

Hold right shift key for 5 seconds to turn on something else and Num lock 5 seconds for something ELSE! It's all in the settings thing. AND you don't have to press OK when it comes up... AND how did you type the title in sentence case if this is true?!
veryhardgame

Post by veryhardgame »

After I disabled them, I tried pressing shift 5 times and both shifts. Maybe there was just an error or it was pissed off at me for turning it off.

BTW, the topic automatically translated to lowercase.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

there is another option that sounds similar to the "press shift 5 times"....everybody confuses them at first