VO Sub community

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Desaster

VO Sub community

Post by Desaster »

Hi VO whores,

You get it as you want, you are now a own sub community of deathball.(non public)

The THC65 Hinterhof is now running the VOMutator.
Since the VOMutator is rather a own GameClass then a Mutator you wont see it in the Serverlist of the Deathball Server browser.
It looks like that the Deathball serverbrowser just displays servers from the GameClass Deathball.

So go ahead and enjoy VO if you find the server.

----
I will check during the week on some days if there is sombody playing.

If the server is empty, what I guess I remove the VOMutator.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Smart move, because without VO you have 6on6 matches ;)
One day I'll understand your logic.

I, for my part, learned which people have a big mouth, but just represent a very small part of the community.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

The VO mutator doesnt actually work on your server, I just came off it and it wasn't VO.
Desaster

Post by Desaster »

@DavidM

I was yesterday seeing what means 6on6 at pubs, 5 are strinking and one is keeping, the other team get the ball and was passing to a hanger and scored.

Secondly there need to be to much done in UT2Vote fine tuning.
10 Pple at SC, 8 Voted for Nov, MidGameVote was failing, because 2 didn't vote...

@Ghost.

It's working now, I forget the mapvote, after the first vote it was again normal db, fixed now.

Now you can vote VOMutatorGame, or Deatball Game.
Last edited by Desaster on 10-09-2006 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

3on3 means 2 hanging and 1 keeping.
it's an issue in human mentality.
but I have some ideas to make the other positions more desireable, we'll see.

the mapvote thing is your fault. in webadmin you can configure the percentage thats needed for the map to change.
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

I haven't decided how I'm gonna handle new releases of the VO mutator for the different versions of DB2.4. I haven't done J yet, I'll probably just skip that and go to K. I dunno, grad school began so my time is sort of limited. But if there's a desire, I'll do it.
Orney

Post by Orney »

why dont u just play the original game, no fucking mods :/
btw when there is a hanger and he scores, then its the fault of the sweeper. 2. the hanger could score with volley only the same way just shot to wall and score, or the most knowed "noob canon".
the server was so nice without vo i played everyday but its fucked again and the fun goes to wall/vo whores. tbh it sux to play long time vo and then switch to normal coz u learn from vo that u dont need to be scared of normal shots.i saw many people playing in a normal vo`less server. gg vo(cking mutator.
have a nice day.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

vo is just the poor man's excuse for not defending etc ;)
the keeper alone is enough, because he doesn't have to care about shots, so he can run and dodge around as he wants :)

I basically just have to release a new db version every 2 days, then we won't get vo mutators \o
Last edited by DavidM on 13-09-2006 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

:lol:
Orney

Post by Orney »

hehe, thats right keeper cant use his full skill when its vo!
remeber that...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

all positions are just at 30% in VO... 0_o
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

First of all, much like the reverse is true for regular Deathball, DavidM, for VO your opinion doesn't matter =)

Second, it's supposed to be a fun jump-in mode. Right now Deathball is great for mixers and pickup games and whatnot, but for pubs nothing doing. People can't just leave and join during a 5v5 without some kinda confusion. With VO, people could leave and join as desired especially on a small map where someone can easily assume a new role. However, with the dbmixer chan's attendance at an all-time low, I don't see this being an issue too much longer. Trust me boys, pubs are the least of your worries! Try maintaining the mediocre attendance that's still here...
Orney

Post by Orney »

i enjoy playing public without VO tbh, vo fucks up the game. For me as a keeper its just boring and when i play attack i cant score normal when there is no one near me... so i have to use the fucking wall.. gg.. and then again there many people who doesnt understand the set of a volley and they just catch it and throw the ball in. a volley shot is more for expirience players who know how to aim and look to radar! A noob dont get it all on start its just to much for him and coz its to much for him.. he leave the server and delete db.. thats not helping db/community get bigger. also i repeat again VO kills so much moves for any position and the spot of a sweeper on public games that was created to be used for a good nice game. And please... dont tell me without vo its to easy to score.. its not! good keepers gonna own you upside down. I hope u get it someday and finally remove this piece of shit.
have a nice day.
Last edited by Orney on 13-09-2006 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

truth has been spoken!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

truth lacks grammar xD