Development Log

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Development Log

Post by DavidM »

I'll keep on posting the new things and plans here. Also things we've done that come with the next version.

The main feature for the next release will be this:
-Volleys are now easier to hit - The hit cone stays in the air for 0.15 seconds (150 ping). Hint: Try to hit a bit earlier to have a greater chance of hitting the ball

We've played around with it, and I can't remember missing one single volley, it's great \o/
If it prevails in the Eli-test or the "prii playing on euro server"-test, it's perfect :P

Since we made a mistake with the self volleys last version it will be fixed now
-Self volleys get slowed down by 200 power units (about 13km/h)

Rest is minor stuff so far...
like the announcer now says "last minute" instead of "1 minute left"...I guess you can't wait to hear that....not.
Also the center-spawn problem we introduced in the last version got fixed.

Goldy is trying to do something about the hammer bug. Something that that will make it better or worse...but at least something that will help us find the reason over the next few versions hopefully. So be patient with us even if it gets worse for a moment \o/

Penalty Shootout will soon be finally made. Not next version...but any time soon. I've made a new design doc, and we've tested shooting and saving from the penalty spot. It works good!
Its pretty much roulette, but the keeper can guess things from watching the shooters gun moving around. Just like in football.
The keeper will also be able to move before the shot, but only on his line.
Too bad this wont be used too often...only when we tie matches :)
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

sounds cool :o good to see some new features :)

ps goldy is best dev ever, hes made like 10 versions
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Mychaeel, Makush and him provided the best and most reliable code
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

\o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Hammer bug fixed.....LOL!

well Goldy says "99.995%"
hum ok, if we have no bug during a whole match versus aX we can call it fixed 100% then, eh?

Lemme say it again because it sounds so nice: Hammer bug fixed!

Anyway, Goldy was also obsessed with adding a real shake. So that's now in....the view shakes around widly when you get hit. Gameplay wise nothing changes, because it's impossible to compensate the shaking :P
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

awesome
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

DavidM wrote: Anyway, Goldy was also obsessed with adding a real shake. So that's now in....the view shakes around widly when you get hit. Gameplay wise nothing changes, because it's impossible to compensate the shaking :P

Well, actually you can aim your shot for when you've powered through a shake after the D hit you too early =).
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

DavidM wrote: Hammer bug fixed.....LOL!

well Goldy says "99.995%"
hum ok, if we have no bug during a whole match versus aX we can call it fixed 100% then, eh?

Only when you've played a match with Messy and Priior... they're always bugged tbh :P

fixed eh... \o/ ...gonna be hard to get used to.... i'm still shooting the ball safe so no1 can hold it on a map change ;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Catalyst wrote: Well, actually you can aim your shot for when you've powered through a shake after the D hit you too early =).

That could get a little harder now.
Only a little though because the shake effect is fading out to the end.....might not even notice a change there
Last edited by DavidM on 11-01-2007 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

is the shake that strong that it is influencing ur movement ?
i think it is ^^ will be hard than loading shoots near the penality zone and not accidently running in it and getting killed to keep the ball after u got hit, or mayb im thinkin of it too hard
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

I'm now not 100% sure, but please remove the shake after you got killed... that makes no sence. Dead is punishment enough :devil:
The_One

Post by The_One »

Indeed. Effects being carried over through death have been around for a looong time.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yeah, i put it on the list, so it will be removed <3

didn't notice it yet.....david never dies and never gets hit anyway xD
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

-so powering up now gets you shaking a little
-releasing a hard shot gets you a backboost (just a little) but you can abuse it as little boost tho \o/
-at the same time the gun pulls up a little bit, because it feels fake without that <3

i've noticed kicking a hard ball at your friends back who's holding rmb is doing a great boost on him...only problem is that its hard to control where the ball is going. might be owngoaling, might lose it :P
priior

Post by priior »

Flexy set me a volley today.. but it wasnt well aimed.. so it hit my body.. but i had RMB pressed so i can still volley it..

but the ball pushed me away so hard.. volley didnt work too well!

(well it did.. but it was more luck)