C&C3 Demo

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

C&C3 Demo

Post by DavidM »

Opinions please?

Dunno....to me the RTS Genre is kinda through, and all features really don't bring anything new.
Plus when the RTS games started being 3D and too detailed I began to lack vision and all. It's so messy. And C&C3 looks like the same.
I enjoy C&C1 or Red Alert1 still more than this new stuff.

I'll most likely play it thought....because its C&C and has Kane etc ;)
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

I want to try out C&C3 but haven't had the time yet. I've been playing supreme commander lately though, which I think's awesome in multiplayer - much less messy than TA and does actually make you think about how and where you deploy your troops :). Requires a supercomputer if you want to play it at any sort of decent framerate though :-/.

My favourite RTS is still starcraft though by a long way, it's just very nicely balanced and there are so many different strategies!
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

its been so long since i last played c&c, played the first one and red alert a ton, played tiberium sun once and sold it and red alert 2 a couple of times... didnt touch generals didnt appeal to me at all :o

booted up the demo of tiberium wars and ive been addicted to the single map skirmish o_O very nostalgic reminds me of the good old red alert tank rushing days :p i think the visuals are great, i hated the 3d of generals, but tiberium wars seems a little bit more... subtle, i really like it :o after playing the demo i preordered :)

i love nice and fast RTS games, this will be great for LAN because i cant see games lasting more than 1 hour max :)

gogo cutscenes ftw
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i hate fog of war!
i love tank rush!

i tried the skirmish map. looks very pretty. and with all details on full and biggest resolution it's even very smooth!
...but the gameplay....uhm. the old games were so much more clear. i cant even zoom out properly, the cam is so close in.

i hated generals for its complexity, so many special units and things to take care of in multiplayer. and generals had _no_ c&c in it actually. no spirit :(

i just noticed all lines start with i
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

dont be egoistic? ;)

fog of war was important for RTS, without it the need for base defence nearly disappears cos you can just intercept all the time :o a lot harder to directly strike the base too cos once you have beaten the intercepting force you have to contest with the new force built at the base with your depleted force...

hope they release a multiplayer demo before release :o
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

DavidM wrote: i love tank rush!

i tried the skirmish map. looks very pretty. and with all details on full and biggest resolution it's even very smooth!
...but the gameplay....uhm. the old games were so much more clear. i cant even zoom out properly, the cam is so close in.

i hated generals for its complexity, so many special units and things to take care of in multiplayer. and generals had _no_ c&c in it actually. no spirit :(

I agree on all those points.
But still c&c3 feels too much like Generals... Too much unit upgrading/special abilities crap. I just want to build units and fight! :cool: I don't want to think "hmm, did i upgrade that unit yet?" and so on and so on...

But then again, cutscenes and Kane \o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

oh ya i forgot the upgrades.
bah!
upgrading things ONCE in a whole campaign...yay. but every level again? come on

ps: i hate super weapons that kill my whole base or lots of stuff at least. the old ion cannon was ok...it killed ONE field...not one screen
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

try out Dawn of War! I like this kind of RTS very much its something "new" on the RTS market
Isil

Post by Isil »

There is no way my pc can run that game. I hope the cutscenes will come out on dvd, love that shit. Best actors in the world.
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

Ker]v[et wrote: try out Dawn of War! I like this kind of RTS very much its something "new" on the RTS market

DoW is good but David would hate the fact you have to upgrade *every* level.

I found it pretty repetitive too. Especially the new one (forget the name.. Dark Crusade maybe? - one with the Necrons) - I hated it.

Just played the demo mission on CnC3 - it looks the part, obviously, but like has been said - it's only stuff seen before. Of course I'll only download it anyways, good or bad, just to say I've played it (not payin, though, I'm a student!).

Heard about Supreme Commander.. though not looked at it yet.

Ho hum. I'm just gettin toward the end of Neverwinter Nights 2 now, just to completely throw a random spanner into the works.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

The explanation about how to play with NOD there is wrong.

Just open the dropdown menu, click "nod" with the mouse, don't move it, press "N".
done

well i did a bot-rush...that giant nod bot called avatar. was as boring as GDI :P

i hate stealth shit
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

actually it is, keep the dropdown menu open, hold "N", then click on nod :p

And btw, SupCom wins handsdown \o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

brb...full version arrived

i'm at level 9 of GDI now <3
mephistophel

Post by mephistophel »

"Ho hum. I'm just gettin toward the end of Neverwinter Nights 2 now, just to completely throw a random spanner into the works."

lucky >: