teh new 1337 boost-trick u just GOTTA use.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Harold|ZBN

teh new 1337 boost-trick u just GOTTA use.

Post by Harold|ZBN »

ok so first we had the so called "broomstick" and some ppl used it and some didnt. in the end it was pretty much everyones opinion that it was lame. it was mainly lame because: it wasnt really hard to pull off, AND almost imposible to stop. so it got taken out.

the "pass me on third jump" thing is a pain in the arse to defend but is still a valid tactic imo as a defender should be able to do something about it. hard maybe but with active defence hard to pull off aswell. now ppl are starting to use a new trick.

with the new trick off boosting some1 sky high and passing the ball to him when hes using his 4 jumps to "float" and he then goes on to volley it down. same as the first boost trick. easy to do no way of stopping it. so before half the community gets used to it i think it should get taken out before it turns into a big problem again.

or u could ofcourse change keeper volley latency back to zero. that way the attackers have the boost trick which u cant defend against and the keeper has 0 volley latency which u cant score against.... that way it evens out nicely.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Welcome to last week buddy, thats not new
Harold|ZBN

Post by Harold|ZBN »

DiStUrbeD wrote: Welcome to last week buddy, thats not new

o fuck
im so sorry if u can just point me to the thread that deals with this issue i will put a reply there and delete this one...........
really im very sorry but i really didnt know there already was a thread on this.
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

Any thread with V3 gameplay tactics in it, lol.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yap I didn't miss the problem, will come up with something
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

DavidM to the rescue! :D
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

I love how when someone finds a way to score besides shooting, it gets taken out.

not.

Give people time, it's defendable, just let people figure it out.

Btw, your "anti-broomstick" sucks.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

the solution: set-jumping

when did i say this? like what... 4 months ago?

BTW, your anti-broomstick sucks and wouldn't be needed at all if you bring back set jumping.
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

Broomstick goals were a major problems in earlier versions of DB. But this new style is not so much of a problem tbh, I find that now I can Quad Jump I can sometimes intercept the attacker in the air. I think this new style also requires 3 ppl to pull it off correctly (Mark up!)

Not really our problem to worry about Harold, if defence is willing to let an attacker get within 15 meters or so, there are problems elsewhere ;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

gim, problem is that nobody did that stuff against us. just PP did evil stuff against us once, it seemed unfair
but I cannot judge the defendability of it yet, but there wont be a new version in august anyway, so nuff time

DiStUrbeD: look, what people call 'cross volley' is a new thing, but its very fair to defend, so its good there...that new volley thing is unfair, so it has to go

if you play perfectly you should be able to get no goals against you, thats important
Axl

Post by Axl »

aye, its a crappy trick.. almost all of NPs goals when we played them were that type of goal.. just nothing we could do about it :(
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

the funny thing is its there for months, not like its been added with 1.7 or 1.8
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

So lets see...

everything is fine until someone does it to you?

K that sounds real fair.

Also its very fair and its defendable, there is no reason for it to be removed.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

now that comment was piss stupid 0_o
you didnt even read what I said, you read what you wish I said
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

i completely agree with surge on this one, set-jumping was good.