Something Good about DB :)

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Catalyst88

Something Good about DB :)

Post by Catalyst88 »

Well, the changelog says that version 0.9 beta was released on 24th october 2002, which means that in a little over a month, DB will be a year old. Personally, I think this is an incredible achievement for a mod, especially as the community (which is still as strong as it's ever been), is still sticking with it :).

After having a few chats with people about old games and old versions of DB recently, I've come to the conclusion that DB 1.8, and indeed every version released (after being fixed in some cases...) has eventually had a positive effect on the game, and the gameplay of 1.8 is the best yet (and I'm sure 1.9 will be even greater still :) ).

Despite what people around these forums seem to think about the game, and it's creator, i think we should be grateful that team vortex have stuck with the mod so long and updated it on a consistent basis for nearly a year, and it's still going strong... yes, I know I've bitched in the past and I'll definately bitch again in the future but right now I think we should all applaud team vortex for creating and maintaining deathball throughout it's various incarnations, and also thank the deathball community, past and present, for making it (mostly) quite a nice place to be (which it is, it's just those who complain are the loudest ;) ).

I think DB still has a bright future ahead of it, and will be around for a goodly time to come... so stop bitching and flaming for a second and take a look at what is probably most consistently the best and most original mod for 2k3...

LONG LIVE DB! :D
The_One

Post by The_One »

Well said.
Can't wait for the Birthday speech you're no doubt busy writing. ^^
Dazlin

Re: Something Good about DB :)

Post by Dazlin »

Catalyst88 wrote: LONG LIVE DB! :D

LONG LIVE DAVIDM, BAZZI, 2COOL4U, and yesssss the rest of the vortex team o/
_Axon_
Banned

Post by _Axon_ »

teamvortex woohoo
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

h3r3tic

Post by h3r3tic »

Idd well said, and I will give 1.9 a try and who knows....Maybe I'll get fulltime again \o/ (sorry david :p):(
fro

Post by fro »

yeah yeah yeah, where my piece of birthday cake eh?

congrats btw
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

:)
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

DB pwns go cata!>< \o/ \o/ \o/
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

they stole it from here :/
Instigator

Post by Instigator »

gah cant get away from the badgers /o\
Shady

Re: Something Good about DB :)

Post by Shady »

Catalyst88 wrote: Well, the changelog says that version 0.9 beta was released on 24th october 2002, which means that in a little over a month, DB will be a year old. Personally, I think this is an incredible achievement for a mod, especially as the community (which is still as strong as it's ever been), is still sticking with it :).

After having a few chats with people about old games and old versions of DB recently, I've come to the conclusion that DB 1.8, and indeed every version released (after being fixed in some cases...) has eventually had a positive effect on the game, and the gameplay of 1.8 is the best yet (and I'm sure 1.9 will be even greater still :) ).

Despite what people around these forums seem to think about the game, and it's creator, i think we should be grateful that team vortex have stuck with the mod so long and updated it on a consistent basis for nearly a year, and it's still going strong... yes, I know I've bitched in the past and I'll definately bitch again in the future but right now I think we should all applaud team vortex for creating and maintaining deathball throughout it's various incarnations, and also thank the deathball community, past and present, for making it (mostly) quite a nice place to be (which it is, it's just those who complain are the loudest ;) ).

I think DB still has a bright future ahead of it, and will be around for a goodly time to come... so stop bitching and flaming for a second and take a look at what is probably most consistently the best and most original mod for 2k3...

LONG LIVE DB! :D

Bravo! Bravo! *oncore* :p
=[Np]=LuniX
Banned

Post by =[Np]=LuniX »

Me never said nothing bad about DB \o/ ummmmm....only v1.5 that 1 sucked @ 10 fps on cube ;)
Hugi

Post by Hugi »

hooray for db \o/ and hooray for team whoretex ;)

no you made a really good game :D THX!!!!!!!!
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

lamers, 1.8? i still play 1.4 very active alone

easy for DBL matches btw \o/