57%
No
43%

Total votes: 53

Fallen
Banned

Remove Sprint...

Post by Fallen »

Useless feature that the majority doesn't care for to use anymore. So why is it still implemented in the mod to this day. The deathball league doesn't use it, nor does any friendly war/scrim usually have it on. Vote Yes/No. If we can get a majority of votes in the yeh column, then davidm can whip jero to delete a few lines of code.
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

dont the Aussies use it ? why take it out if it doesnt effect us ?
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

if you like it, yay, and if you dont like it, why should you care anyways?
Onge

Post by Onge »

I never use it and hate it when I have to use it, but if some people wanna use it then it should stay. I'm all for choice, I just choose to avoid it...
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

omg dont piss off the ozzies =(
FeEdiKo

Post by FeEdiKo »

it should stay. if you don't want to use it then don't, it's a server option :eek:
Imo

Post by Imo »

Stupid poll, why bother removing it.

What's wrong with it anyway? Too complicated?
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

um

i don't get it

people use it.........like ozforces AUS (though sometimes i really think i'd prefer us not to)

just cos most don't use it doesn't mean it should be removed

for example..........just about every server doesn't have time limit on 5 minutes....does this mean we should take out the option of having 5 minute matches?

stupid example, but i couldn't think of anything else
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

a lot of things were taken out that other people used... First game i played back (i used to play back in 1.3b), i tried to dribble. Didnt work too well. I didnt know to pass to people while hovering. I didnt know how to boost too well (although i caught on very quickly). I wasnt very good at volleying untill i figured out how to aim it and do the cheap cross volley slow down move. Inertia carries you forward. Why ou can hover or slow down while jumping is beyond me in the first place.

Sprint IMO is just a waste of coding. Not a single server has it on, and the ones that do people just bitched about or don't play on. I don't like it. Take into consideration how effective it really is on the whole: boosting goes further faster, sprint is detrimental to the "teamwork" aspect that DB tries to shove down our gullets, and it gives some positions a huge advantage over others.

I find sprinting to be far more useful to the defense than the offense because of box camping. The faster you can get to the other side of the box the better. Its that simple.

I voted yes, and i hope sprint is removed. I want to walk again :)

(sry, novel :()
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

The upside is that if sprint was removed, it wouldn't matter if the other Aussie players whinged, since they'd have no say in it being in 1.9. :devil:
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

jee, it appears the aussies are treated the same as the NA community... join the club.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Imo wrote: Stupid poll, why bother removing it.

What's wrong with it anyway? Too complicated?

Do you have anything good to say. Polls are not stupid unless I put is V3 the best Yes/No. All I'm trying to say, why keep sprint when 0.5% of the community use it. Like Mutant and Invasion, sprint is like those one in a version ideas davidm thinks of to make his mod different. Since, nobody liked it for gameplay purpose, and frames purpose, its success is down the drain.

If I say, your comments are usually dumb, one-sided, ignorant, stupid. What you going to comment? Don't talk about ego bullshit, because I have none unlike my clan mates.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

i voted to remove it, im just sick of it the way it is. im all for servers having the option to customise, but in its current state i dont think that ppl should be subjected to it ie. me :p
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

Lithinite btw you couldnt hover in 1.3b cuz it didn't have freejump
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

mabye he meant pass in mid air...